BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6
Author: Subject: What Are Your Rights if Border Agents Want to Search Your Phone?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-5-2017 at 04:39 PM

Most immigrants are younger and are working and paying taxes. The complainers on this board seem to be retirees that take more than they pay in taxes :light::light:

The GOP claim that immigrants are welfare leaches is fake news! Immigrants are mostly hard working. Being in construction, I see that immigrants work harder than most whitey gringos, and complain much less than most whitey gringos.

Amnesty type legalization of the immigrants that have been here for quite some time is the right thing to do.

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

I'm surprised Lee, that you are calling for the deportation of 11 million undocumented Mexican aliens, and I'll quote you, " For now, they have to go."

[Edited on 3-5-2017 by JoeJustJoe]

Really, I'm at a loss, as have been public officials, as to what to do. All I'm thinking is something has to be done. To me, amnesty (I guess) should be debated and looked at. Along with all the other ways to take care of this issue. I don't know how else to solve this problem.

If you have an idea Joe, let's read it. If you choose amnesty, I'll just think there are no other solutions available. I don't see real solutions bantered around. And realistically, you're probably right -- it's probably not possible to export that many undocumented people.

How about if they have been working and paying taxes and stayed out of trouble, those in that productive category be given a fast track to citizenship? As to anyone who has been mooching on hardworking US taxpayers and living off welfare, they will have to be deported to country of origin and start over with the legal process of immigration. The criminals are properly being rounded up now and being deported.
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2017 at 05:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
What are illegals supposed to do to prove they pay taxes, say this is the social security number I stole and paid into? These are the false names I used? It's very tough to separate good from bad when its all based on false info?
ty

The IRS publicized a case from Oxnard CA where they mailed 10 million dollars in tax returns to one residential address in a Hispanic neighborhood. Evidently there must be someone in the tax system to get that kind of tax returns.
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2017 at 06:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
What are illegals supposed to do to prove they pay taxes, say this is the social security number I stole and paid into? These are the false names I used? It's very tough to separate good from bad when its all based on false info?
ty

The IRS publicized a case from Oxnard CA where they mailed 10 million dollars in tax returns to one residential address in a Hispanic neighborhood. Evidently there must be someone in the tax system to get that kind of tax returns.

Turns out it was not all sent to illegals. A little more complicated than you claim. One legal got a bunch....

https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdca/pr/oxnard-tax-return-prepa...
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 3-5-2017 at 09:53 PM
Imaginary Illegals

Refunds for Illegals that don't even exist ?

Now, THAT is original.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 3-6-2017 at 12:50 AM

"Individual Tax Identification Numbers (“ITINs”), which are issued in lieu of a social security number to undocumented workers in the United States to allow them to file tax returns."

Didn't know that one ... but, there's a lot I don't know :):)

Thanks for the info
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 3-6-2017 at 11:38 AM

It's no problem to prove residency under the DACA program with young people using school records, and medical records. It gets a little harder under DAPA, the federal courts ruled against, but it's still not impossible prove residency under a future amnesty plan using other means than just social security numbers, especially if the social security number is fake.

Like other mentioned if they have tax records using “ITINs, kid school records, baptism records, mortgage, or rent recipes, vehicle registrations, dated bills, posted marked letters, photos, and many other creative ways.

It's not all based on false information.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 3-6-2017 at 03:45 PM
WAY BACK WHEN ..........................

In the mid-90s, mi esposa and I drove over to the Mexican Consulate in San Bernardino to renew our FM3s.

Finding that it had moved to a larger location downtown, we drove over to find.......................a line of people extending down the block !

W-T-F ?

It turned out that the demand on the consulate due to the (then new) issuing of those "Matricula" cards for Illegals wishing to get ITINs had created a need for larger facilities.

Fortunately, I didn't drive away, but parked and went back to the Consulate. Finding that they were confining the Hundreds of Matricula candidates to separate lines from those doing other business.

Given how long the program has been going and how much publicity it has received over the many years, it is surprising that anyone here isn't aware of it.

[Edited on 3-6-2017 by MrBillM]
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 3-7-2017 at 08:14 AM

"The ITIN program was created in 1996 for the purpose of allowing tax return filing by individuals without a social security account number. Receiving an ITIN number does not in itself confer the right to work and receive income in the United States.[3]"

Got it ... It's ok, but, it's not :biggrin::biggrin:
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2017 at 08:40 AM

Interesting, I have seen those long lines at the Mexican consulate for Mexicans-now I know why. - ITIN tax id for

• Nonresident alien who is required to file a U.S. tax return.
• U.S. resident alien who is (based on days present in the United States) filing a U.S. tax return.
• Dependent or spouse of a U.S. citizen/resident alien.
• Dependent or spouse of a nonresident alien visa holder.
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2017 at 01:53 PM

http://drrichswier.com/2016/04/16/state-by-state-the-cost-of...
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 3-7-2017 at 03:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bubba  
http://drrichswier.com/2016/04/16/state-by-state-the-cost-of...

What a joke, Dr. Rich Swier, is some unknown right-wing loon, who writes his citizen journalist, and e-magazine, meaning he is some idiot writing for himself, hoping others pick it up.

Dr Rich Swier, not a medical doctor, is not known well enough, to be picked up by groups that monitor hate sites, and those who spew racist content.

However, the group Dr Rick Swier, quotes, "FAIR" regarding the cost of undocumented immigrants, is a well known "hate site' and is monitored by the "Southern Poverty Law Center" who have documented that "FAIR" is a well known hate site, that has an all white agenda.

Anything written by "FAIR" is pure racist trash!

One way to determine if a group gives undocumented Mexican aliens a fair shake, is to look both of their contributions, as well as their negatives and come up with a net gain, or net loss. However, the way FAIR looks at the numbers is very one-sided and completely wrong.

History shows the immigrants to America has always been a net gain, despite most immigrants, especially immigrants of color, faced open hostility and racism, since the early days of immigration, and in all those years nothing really changed, except the racism is not out in the open as before, but even that is changing with this new President.

FEDERATION FOR AMERICAN IMMIGRATION REFORM

FAIR leaders have ties to white supremacist groups and eugenicists and have made many racist statements. Its advertisements have been rejected because of racist content. FAIR’s founder, John Tanton, has expressed his wish that America remain a majority-white population: a goal to be achieved, presumably, by limiting the number of nonwhites who enter the country. One of the group’s main goals is upending the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965, which ended a decades-long, racist quota system that limited immigration mostly to northern Europeans. FAIR President Dan Stein has called the Act a "mistake."

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/grou...

[Edited on 3-7-2017 by JoeJustJoe]

sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2017 at 10:44 AM

I didn't read thru the posts, but there was a piece on one of
the morning TV shows today re: this subject, used an example
at the Canadian border, 24,000 phones searched last yr,
many more this yr. Law is 150 yrs old that gives the search
right. People from the Middle East are very numerous as to
having this done. 1 lawmaker wants to get a search warrant
law passed, but heck I'm so old school I don't have a phone

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2017 at 12:04 PM

And yesterday on a network talk show it was discussed, stating searches were legal, interviewing a couple of tourists crossing -- he resisted and an agent took the phone away from him, she handed her phone over.

Canada has been doing this stuff for years. If you're ever sent to secondary up there, and you come from OR, WA, CA or any number of cannabis states, you'll probably be patted down after the background check.

My dumb flip phone is worthless. My emails are boring.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-14-2017 at 08:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

....Canada has been doing this stuff for years. If you're ever sent to secondary up there, and you come from OR, WA, CA or any number of cannabis states, you'll probably be patted down after the background check.

Bit of an assumption there, Lee. It takes more than coming from those states to get "patted down"... their use of dogs and car searches are more likely to give cause for a personal search....

I know you want to identify yourself as a Canadian these days ;D, but you would have to reduce paranoid tendencies a bit to qualify :biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
unbob
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2017 at 08:46 PM
Digital Privacy at the U.S Border: A New How-To Guide

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=86104#pid1073...

"I'm too young to be this old!"
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.