BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Buying a Mattress (Cabo-to Insurgentes)
Beagle
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2017 at 04:18 PM
Buying a Mattress (Cabo-to Insurgentes)

Hola,

We are flying into Cabo and driving North to San Juanico. Using a pick-up and we are stopping in La Paz for a few nights. We are wanting to pick up a bed or 2. One queen and maybe some twins.

Anyone have a favorite place along that route for picking one up? Right now all we can think of is Elektra in La Paz. I'm sure there's tons of other places we aren't thinking of or know about.

Any help is appreciated!

thanks!
Beagle
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 2-21-2017 at 04:21 PM

Is there a COSTCO along the way?? We picked up a Sealy Posturepedic at the Ensenada COSTCO....great mattress and a great price
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2017 at 05:21 PM

Check the sizes.....

A Costco queen mattress I had bought turned out to be a "short queen" at 75" long rather than a more normal 80"

And keep a calculator handy to cypher metric dimensions vs inches.
The dimensions on that mattress wrapper were in metric.

Beagle
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 06:18 AM

Thanks guys!

Will check those sizes for sure!

Costco looks good and will look into it. Looks like there is one in Cabo.

Bob & Susan, Going to look at Coppel. Think I found some in La Paz on the Google. Coppel delivered to Mulege?! Was it super expensive for that? We taking truck this time but for next time that could be useful.
Thank you!

[Edited on 2-23-2017 by Beagle]
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 07:01 AM

There is a Coppel in Santa Rosalia and in Constitution. They all deliver.

Watch the length when buying, neighbors just got some in Mulege and they are short of US standard sizes,,, kind of like an RV mattress... the width is right....
I don't know what the delivery charge was but I don't think a lot
Also takes a few days, not same day delivery

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
Beagle
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 08:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtnpop  
There is a Coppel in Santa Rosalia and in Constitution. They all deliver.

Watch the length when buying, neighbors just got some in Mulege and they are short of US standard sizes,,, kind of like an RV mattress... the width is right....
I don't know what the delivery charge was but I don't think a lot
Also takes a few days, not same day delivery

That's great info Mtnpop! Thank you!
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 10:38 AM

Bought great King size bed at Coppel. No delivery charge. Also bought 26 ft side by side fridge, 5 2 ton mini splits and had them delivered within a week, free. Great company nation wide with good prices.

You can order on line.
We got all the inf on line, then took it to the store in Loreto, gave them the information, paid there and got the delivery a short time later.

[Edited on 2-22-2017 by vandenberg]

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 11:02 AM

Coppel is a good choice.

From the Loreto store, the gal there led me through the catalog for a TV.....found a 40" Panasonic, paid for it, delivered to my door in 3 days....

The delivery guys unpacked it and set it up on a TV stand.
Great service!!

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 11:58 AM

Coppel delivers to Pt. Chivato too. Even before there was only the one in La Paz for us.
mattress page ~ http://www.coppel.com/hogar/colchones/colchones-hogar

[Edited on 2-22-2017 by Russ]

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
imlost
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 06:31 PM

Regarding mattress sizes:
About 6 months ago, we drove all over Cabo looking for US-sized mattresses. We found only a couple furniture stores that carried them, but the prices were crazy high. We ended up buying Mexico-sized mattresses at Costco. At that time, Costco was no longer carrying US sizes. We were a little bummed out about this at first, but now that we have used them for a while, we've decided they fit us just fine, and they are super comfy. We bought mexico-sized bedframes and sheets, and all is good.
...When in Rome...
Beagle
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 07:55 PM

Great info Guys! Coppel sounds like the place. Appreciate all of the info and feedback. Not too worried about the Mexican sizes really.

So there is definitely one in Contitucion? We might bypass the one in La Paz so we don't have to haul it though the contraction dust North of La Paz and wait till Constitucion…but that might be asking for trouble.
starboard

[*] posted on 3-2-2017 at 08:31 AM

Hi everyone, I am also shopping for mattresses. Thank you for posting this information, it is very helpful. One question, I am confused how Coppel works..i want to shop in la paz. When I look up the address, there are four locations in La Paz. Are these actual store fronts or do you purchase everything from a catalogue? I contacted the store directly and only got more confused. they don't refer to them as stores, but "branches".
my preference would be to try out a mattress prior to purchasing. any info you can provide is much appreciated, gracias

[Edited on 3-2-2017 by starboard]

[Edited on 3-2-2017 by starboard]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.