Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Pole Line Road Group
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2017 at 07:23 PM
Pole Line Road Group

What happened this past weekend? Are they lost and need help? Did a flash flood get em? People want to know.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-21-2017 at 07:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
What happened this past weekend? Are they lost and need help? Did a flash flood get em? People want to know.

I think they were driving jeeps. So probably still waiting for tows. There are only a few tow trucks in that area,... :lol::lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-21-2017 at 08:02 PM

Ken messaged me on Facebook and said a trip report is coming tomorrow.
Goat, tow trucks can't get near there, only tow Toyotas... such as TW' s... except he towed a Ford, not one Jeep broke.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2017 at 08:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Goat, tow trucks can't get near there, only tow Toyotas... such as TW' s... except he towed a Ford, not one Jeep broke.

The jeeps probably broke down in first few hours, while still on pavement. On I-8, on mex 5, etc.
I drove over the 8 last weekend and noticed car parts all along the highway, they did look like jeep parts. :lol::lol:
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 2-21-2017 at 08:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

The jeeps probably broke down in first few hours, while still on pavement. On I-8, on mex 5, etc.
I drove over the 8 last weekend and noticed car parts all along the highway, they did look like jeep parts. :lol::lol:
The only parts you saw Mt666 where the little parts that used to be between your ears. Funny how the marooon that knows nothing about Mexico or off road can talk about Jeeps.The village idiot speaks again.:bounce:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2017 at 10:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  

The only parts you saw Mt666 where the little parts that used to be between your ears. Funny how the marooon that knows nothing about Mexico or off road can talk about Jeeps.The village idiot speaks again.:bounce:

I know enough to not buy a jeep! And I know enough to not ride donorcycles! :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 05:34 AM

Looking forward to the trip report. Bet they saw some water.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 06:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  

I know enough to not buy a jeep! And I know enough to not ride donorcycles! :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Its only because your too stupid to drive one:bounce:
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 06:33 PM

Where do you guys get all the info about unreliable Jeeps?
Don't have one so they must be bad. Lots of fake info out there.
I drive mine and break it, but its not because of a bad design. Operator error and an obstacle that is not compatible with my ability or my Jeep. One thing for sure I don't blame Jeep.
Really Jeeps are for off-road. They are not for a daily driver. Use them for the intended purpose and you will be happy.
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 06:36 PM

Want to know about really bad cars? Much worse than any Jeep is a VW Jetta/Golf. I bet there are plenty others. I have the bills to prove it.
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 06:47 PM

Why not stay on topic instead of screwing up an simple question about the trip?
And sure enough nobody had any issues regarding vehicles. Rain was negligible and not worth discussion. However I did run my wipers south of Gauadlupe on Saturday for a short time. No mud and no dust - pretty nice trip.
Winch got used twice and no straps used. Ask Ken not me. No body damage that I saw. I am sure the Tacoma has shiny places underside.
Track changed a small amount in the washes especially near AG.
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 06:57 PM

Jeeps, gotta love 'em!

I owned one back in 1975-1977, it was a Cherokee Chief, 401 V8, Automatic, Quadra-Trac full-time 4WD, got it new... Made maybe two Baja trips with it and several Borrego Desert trips... It was always breaking or failing something. Either poor product quality or very poor workmanship. When it wasn't being repaired, I could drive it anywhere with the four-wheel drive system it had.

I sold it and bought my first Subaru 4WD wagon, and what a joy it was to have a car made so well, there were no warranty repairs needed, no failed parts or poor workmanship. Years later, I bought another American brand vehicle and the same product failing nightmares returned. Never again. However, I still love Jeeps but have learned to not own one. I need something reliable when I am exploring Baja, usually without other vehicles.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2017 at 04:04 PM

You guys need remember the village Idiot Mt66 is only talking BS. The fact is all cars and trucks have made good and bad models.The old Jeeps with inline six where great.The weak ones Early Jeep liberty V6 3.7. All the real jeeps like Kens and Eds are great rides. To drive a jeep or dirt bike off road.You need guts,skill,smarts.With Mt66 marooon has none so he talks smack.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 2-23-2017 at 06:26 PM

Not my Jeep!

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2017 at 06:33 PM

Love your Jeep Ken well set up and running strong
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 2-23-2017 at 06:57 PM

Jeeps, gotta love 'em!

I owned one back in 1975-1977, it was a Cherokee Chief, 401 V8, Automatic, Quadra-Trac full-time 4WD, got it new... Made maybe two Baja trips with it and several Borrego Desert trips... It was always breaking or failing something. Either poor product quality or very poor workmanship. Wh
Years later, I bought another American brand vehicle and the same product failing nightmares returned. Never again. However, I still love Jeeps but have learned to not own one. I need something reliable when I am exploring Baja, usually without other vehicles.

These Jeeps didn't look like basket cases, David. No reports of simple breakdowns while monitoring the event on Facebook.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.