Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Mission Santa María de los Ángeles Video
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2017 at 08:45 PM

I think that if I rode a bicycle up that road the natural sound you would hear would be the helicopter coming to retrieve my carcass!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-13-2017 at 08:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Try a mountain bike. It gives you a workout, helps your cardiovascular system, slims your paunch, delays aging,... and it's quiet, so a new-to-you experience of the natural sounds of the outdoors :light:

Thats lame boring try a dirt bike.Oh I forgot your a sissy.If you think riding a dirt bike is not a work out.Then your still stupid Hiking is fine but boring good for lamers like yourself.That dont have the skill,guts,and nerve to do it. Poor sick Baja Blow Hard MT66:?::?::?::?::?:

I suppose those beerguts and flabby butt flopping on your dirt bike do constitute a "workout" for couch potatoes physiques. For dirt biker couch potatoes, walking up a single flight of stairs is an endurance sport.
Sad!
BajaDave
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2017 at 02:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
I may be ready in May, too?
1999, 2003, 2007, 2010... it is overdue!

Your vivabaja page about your trip with Baja Mur way back when was partly what gave me the itch to go there, planted the seed, you might say. My first visit was not until October 2008. We rode 650 class bikes with all our gear and camped out overnight on that trip, too.

I planned to go back in 2010, but it was shortly after the fierce storm that had hit the west coast of Baja and had taken out so many bridges on the main highway, including the El Rosario bridge. Ralph was reporting from others who had been to the widowmaker, that there was flood debris blocking the arroyo right past the bottom of The Widowmaker, rendering it impassable at that time. So that trip was postponed.

The footage in my video was shot on my second visit to the mission in 2015, around 12 days after Cameron Steele had brought 26 riders there as part of his Rip to Cabo ride. We were the next group of bikes to make it in there. Funny to watch the Day 3 Recap of their ride and see guys even on unloaded dirt bikes struggling with The Widowmaker. It definitely keeps out the riff raff. :lol: On our way in, we passed a single, well equipped Jeep with four guys and loads of gear that were on their way out, who had camped out there the previous night.

Anyhow, I'm headed back out there with friends on light bikes in May to camp out and explore. Hopefully I'll catch some better footage of the "difficulties" of the route and maybe post up another video.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-22-2017 at 09:01 AM

Sounds great Dave... Yes, Cameron is funny what he puts his guests through! He tried to drive his Raptor to the mission in 2014 to see if it could be one of the missions for his first Trail of Missions tours... he didn't make it all the way... almost, but not to the mission. Raptor is just too big without body damage. He called me from Baja Cactus Motel!

We all went in 2010 after the big rain: http://vivabaja.com/msm2010

That included edm1 (Art) in his motorhome, who made it and even pulled a Toyota Tacoma back, that broke down leaving the mission (Neal Johns: I didn't say it was you)!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2017 at 09:06 AM

I would think if Art's motorhome made it a Raptor could. Maybe it was the driver?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-22-2017 at 09:38 AM

Art was one of a kind. He didn't mind some body damage. Cameron may have not wanted to rip out his rear bumper?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 3-22-2017 at 01:45 PM

Great video. Those bikes looked like a handful with the weight. I wish I could touch the ground with both feet on my bike.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-22-2017 at 06:26 PM

Try a mountain bike. It gives you a workout, helps your cardiovascular system, slims your paunch, delays aging,... and it's quiet, so a new-to-you experience of the natural sounds of the outdoors :light:

Thats lame boring try a dirt bike.Oh I forgot your a sissy.If you think riding a dirt bike is not a work out.Then your still stupid Hiking is fine but boring good for lamers like yourself.That dont have the skill,guts,and nerve to do it. Poor sick Baja Blow Hard MT66:?::?::?::?::?:

I suppose those beerguts and flabby butt flopping on your dirt bike do constitute a "workout" for couch potatoes physiques. For dirt biker couch potatoes, walking up a single flight of stairs is an endurance sport.
Sad!
Bet you 10 grand you could not make it 1 mile on a dirt bike up my trails. Your just a wimp arm chair talker just a Baja Nomad blow hard looser. So looser now that I offered you 10 grand cash where are you??? OPs you fell down out of your rocking chair,and cant get up.:?::?::?::?::?::lol:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-22-2017 at 06:53 PM

You put $10k usd in escrow and I'll kick your ass on your trail.

Sad!
Bet you 10 grand you could not make it 1 mile on a dirt bike up my trails. Your just a wimp arm chair talker just a Baja Nomad blow hard looser. So looser now that I offered you 10 grand cash where are you??? OPs you fell down out of your rocking chair,and cant get up.:?::?::?::?::?::lol:
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 4-8-2017 at 07:38 AM

You put $10k usd in escrow and I'll kick your ass on your trail.

Sad!
In case you did not know wimp Mt666 this forum is about Baja Mexico so money will be impounded here. Bring your scared flabby ugly self here. Show all us off road folks your not a wimp arm chair talker. Too scared out of shape ? Yes indeed so shut your trap Nature N-zi
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.