Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Got $10 (x3) ?
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2017 at 04:00 PM
Got $10 (x3) ?

The three musketeers visited me this morning! Every year, each public school student is required to sell a $10 raffle. These three were the first to stop by and therefore the only ones from whom I will buy the raffles from – anyone want to sponsor them? I specifically left the raffles unsigned so that I can insert anyone’s name. First prize is a house and the next 5 are cars.

I gave them a banana muffin (joker Jesus has one in his mouth which prompted us to all get the giggles).

This is Angela, who says she will become an English teacher!! She is my 8th grade English student.

This is Jesus who lived in the US one year and knows a lot of English - he is my 8th grade student too and is Angela’s cousin. His brother Julian is sponsored in college and is now a senior.

This is Abigail, my 7th grader, who has made me learn how to teach the deaf…..remembering to write EVERYTHING on the board has been a challenge for me. I also get other students to work individually with her, and I create partner exercises for the others while I give her 10 minutes of my time one on one. Result? She is really picking up on English….I told her that to work in the future as a translator, she did not have to speak or hear. You never know!

She is always so serious in class that our running joke is that I smile at her until she smiles back. Now she smiles even before I do LOL

Here is a close up of the raffle and the flyer that comes with it. I admire their drive, they just got the raffles yesterday afternoon and at the first opportunity, they are knocking on doors. I told them that they are destined to be successful.

So, if you want one or two or all three raffles, let me know! Have a great day ~ Blanca

[Edited on 3-31-2017 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 3-31-2017 at 07:34 PM

Wait- a 2 BR/1 Bath house is $460,000 pesos??

Here in San Diego the "average" house is now over $460,000 dollars.

Good luck raffle ticket buyers!

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2017 at 08:37 PM

I have no idea what a tilted up house means LOL I read that and shook my head.....

all these three raffles are SOLD !

every single student has to sell one so if you might be interested in helping out another student....let me know! You can always sell the house if you don't want it.

:biggrin:

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2017 at 08:41 PM

whale-ista BUY ONE!

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2017 at 08:44 PM

lencho YOU TOO!

Come visit La Bocana

Rossman
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2017 at 04:18 AM

Blanca, I'll take a couple if you can find em for me. Let me know what info you need from me and how I can get the money to you. Paypal? U2U me with questions.
Thanks
Ross
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 4-1-2017 at 07:29 AM
Tilt-up

Tilt-up construction in the US is poured concrete slabs, which are then tilted up to become walls!

It sounds like the house being raffled is a pre-fabricated unit that is 'tilted up' on site. I would suppose that the lucky winner would have to find a place to put it, and I wonder who would pay for shipping, and on site labor?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2017 at 07:45 AM

I believe the house is already somewhere since the gvt.builds houses all over Mexico. Perhaps one gets the house closest to where you live?

I can try and find out more.

You are on Rossman! I will publish the next student who visits me!

Come visit La Bocana

jbcoug
Senior Nomad

Mood: Needing Baja!

[*] posted on 4-1-2017 at 03:16 PM

I need a house or a car or two in Mexico, grab two raffle tickets for me Blanca! Let me know how best to get you the money. I will on my way north in a week or so but probably won't make it out to your place.

\"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.\" Andy Rooney
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2017 at 06:59 PM

how wonderful jbcoug! two houses coming up as soon as a kid visits me!

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2017 at 07:06 AM

clarification: I was told yesterday that the raffles are only for those students on a BECA (scholarship) who have financial need and a good GPA. Now, I like it even better.

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2017 at 08:01 PM

5 raffle tickets sold.....this is fun!

Come visit La Bocana

advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2017 at 07:02 AM

I will take two, let me know how to pay and what info you need.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2017 at 07:22 AM

:bounce:

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2017 at 11:16 AM

jbcoug THESE ARE YOURS!

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.