BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Last-ditch attempt to save world's most endangered porpoise gets go-ahead
azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2017 at 08:35 AM

Just like people, animals vary in their ability to adapt. Squirrels, rabbits crows etal, have a proven ability to adapt and thrive reasonably well to changes in their environment,and reproduce readily. No danger of extinction there. However, generally more highly evolved mammals are less adaptable and more sensitive to human interference. Wholesale slaughter of any species will eventually kill them off. Haven't seen vaquitas recently? Not many to be seen. Your other critters will likely be here when we are not.

BTW fishbuck, I agree that Sea Shepard actions are needed as we have reached a point where very direct action is imperative to save the remaining vaquitas.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-21-2017 at 09:12 AM

Why don't they clone them? Maybe 3-D print a couple hundred?

BajaBreak
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2017 at 10:32 AM

Well 40 year old women are having babies these days, why not in vitro a few hundred more of these lil guys in the wombs of dolphins.

The idea of using U.S. Navy trained dolphins is quite intriguing also, I mean who'd have thunk it, G.I. Flippers.

But realistically, it is likely too little too late. Just a last ditch money grab aimed at unrealistic tear-jerking soft targets and government grants. I hope I turn out to be wrong. At least something is being done, and attention is being brought to the area.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2017 at 10:49 AM

Maybe best to do some preemptive protection for the remaining species that promise virility to the prehistoric Chinese mindset.
Better yet...boycott everything made in China to deprive them of fun tickets used for species demolition. I mean...Totuava Bladder? This is why the Vaquita has been wiped out.
Control the living, cuz you can't control the dead.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
BajaBreak
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2017 at 02:36 PM

Good point Dennis.

Maybe someone can clone Totuava bladders or breed them in captivity to flood the Chinese bonerito market so they aren't even worth the gas for the fishermen to poach them.

Where do they come up with this stuff? Did some "wise" man with a fu man chu stache say that some fish bladder helped him have kids in his seventies, and it just caught on years ago. Bear gall bladders. Tiger penises or whatever it was. Weird stuff.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2017 at 02:47 PM

Rhino Horns are going to be the demise of that species.....not if, but when.
So sad.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.