BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Sentri Card yanked at San Ysidro
kboy24

[*] posted on 6-26-2017 at 06:51 PM

I've coming down now for 55+ years and some of you dudes with your smart remarks if are made as a joke that's cool but if they be made to insult me then kiss my ass. I've been coming down here for a very long time and i'm to say that the problem with Norte Baja now are way too many people stateside that bring their i'm cooler than everybody attitudes.The exact same thing has happened in So. Cal. and is now spreading here. In the 60s this place was the wild wild west and ya better come prepared. The real boys will know what I mean. But sorry guys for the vent, I came in Peace..LOL You all stay safe down here
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-26-2017 at 07:33 PM

Ignore the Goat, kboy24, if his weird replies bug you.

Sometime tell us your old days in Baja stories! Most here are bored with mine about the glory days when the pavement ended just north of Colonet or at San Felipe, southbound!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 6-26-2017 at 07:43 PM

The Sentri pass is the gold ring and a real privilege as far as I am concerned. I once lost my temper with an agent in Tecate that found an apple in my trunk along with eggs I bought in the U.S. She got really nasty with me and after 4 years after that incident I got stopped crossing over in San Ysidro with a rental car that was not a Sentri vehicle but I could not move over into the Ready lane and got directed to the Sentri lane by a Mexican policeman. It seemed they had a record of my exchange with the agent in Tecate. They told me they could pull my Sentri card because I had had a "previous". I decided it wasn't worth arguing. It might sound crazy but I would be really upset to lose the Sentri pass.
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2017 at 09:02 PM

I'm confused! Why all the problems.
In all the border crossings I've done (from all over the world) I've never had a problem. Crossing the Mexican border I roll down my window and take off my sunglasses and smile, at night I lower my lights to parking only so they can see my face. I have nothing to be worried about and I answer their questions with a smile. When I go to Secondary I do the same thing. They ask questions that they know the answers to like the weather were I live or where I live what's around there. It's just a game they play and I play back at them.
Last time through LAX from Australia I had all our papers ready, went through the passport gate and then the Customs guy. As I walked up I waved my papers, smiled and said, "OK which of these do you want, what ever you need, I got it". He just waved me by.

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
GC
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2017 at 10:23 AM
New car with Sentri

Just helped a friend apply for Sentri Renewal. We also added a new car during the process. The car now appears on his list of vehicles with his other Sentri info. His current Sentri card does not expire for almost 6 months and we are not expecting approval anytime soon, but I am unsure about the car we added? Will he receive some kind of separate approval for the car, or can he now use it because it appears under his list of vehicles on the new Sentri Site?
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2017 at 12:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by kboy24  
Coming home this AM from our casa at Corona Beach we were pulled into secondary and they took my card and said to wait at least 7 days and call either Sentri office and see what they say about giving it back or not. I was outraged after 12 years of this sentri use and now this nonsense. They couldn't tell me anything. I have no idea what I did. I did buy a car 6 weeks ago and I registered it with them and it is still pending review. I am 65 years old and disabled with no criminal history. I got a 502 in January of 1981 and I got a Marijuana license a month ago per my Dr. to try on my Psoriasis but I haven't used it yet. ANy ideas? This peees me off. Wait 7 days, what a bunch of BS. Without my sentri I'll sell mi casa. I'm not about to wait in those lines. I've been going down for 55+ years. Any Ideas guys??

With all due respect Sir;
By crossing the border in a "still pending review vehicle" you seriously jeopardized your PRIVELEGE associated with a SENTRI card.
Its a private federal government club only for those that survive the vetting and follow the rules to a tee, its their railroad, best get over it.
BTW, for a recently approved and added vehicle, they put you and the new vehicle through a giant x-ray machine, glad I've had all the kids I intend too.

Es Todo Bueno
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2017 at 02:30 PM

Why does everyone harp about the car?

In one of the OPs last posts he says "Expired Sentri Card gentlemen was the issue".

Me thinks no one ever reads through these things.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-10-2017 at 02:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

In one of the OPs last posts he says "Expired Sentri Card gentlemen was the issue".

Why are you so concerned about people’s harping?

This thread is 7 months old.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2017 at 04:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

Why are you so concerned about people’s harping?

This thread is 7 months old.

Another one who opens his mouth without reading (much less thinking). BajaTed brought it up again about the car. 12/10/2017 12:41

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.