Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: safe places to stop along western Baja
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 5-30-2017 at 04:12 PM

And some are Arabs, with no respect for women or their capabilities ..JJJ;s statement about not trusting Americans says it all...

Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2017 at 08:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

I'm not sure I'm buying this story,

Neither am I.

"Dmer" in this short post wrote a lot of things making little sense. Could be (again) a web writer looking for material to fill the page and generate traffic for whatever purpose. Lazy to the point of looking like a robotic spam. Joe has been right before to spot, these, er... trips.

Get this:
Subj: safe placeS to stop.
Message body: where would be a safe placE to stay my first night.

Do you need predictions made for you on how far from the border you will drive on the day one, or a complete itinerary with hotels ratings and POI? Put at least some efforts in your fishing.

Stated goal:
I am planning on driving TO Baja from San Diego.

Then drive, takes all 40 minutes. Baja begins 20 miles from San Diego.

A few catches to provoke an interest, compassion, and eventually - responses:
I understand it takes time to get 180 day visitors pass...
Sharing convictions so obviously wrong that people would be tempted to reassure and explain, with pictures and details.

Female, traveling solo, so far...
This usually provokes compassion and/or other interest. I particularly love this "so far" detail.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 5-31-2017 at 12:58 PM

Not surprising to me is up to 60 percent of the people according to one poll, can't change a flat tire.

And the younger your are, especially a woman, they probably never even tried to change a flat tire, although other polls have claimed up to 50% of all women could change a tire, but the polls didn't actually ask, if they changed a tire before, or broke down the results by age group.

Now back in the day most of us changed the tire ourselves and didn't call AAA, but today the tires are probably better quality and AAA is one of many emergency road side services. Why get your hands dirty, when you could have some emergency road side service out to your car in about half hour?

My advice, don't attempt driving too far into Baja, unless you have actually changed a vehicle's tire before.

Now lets wait to hear from my latest bird dog, stalker, Chuckie.

60 Percent of People Can’t Change a Flat Tire - But Most Can Google It

Are basic automotive know-hows like changing a flat tire and changing the oil becoming a thing of the past?

A new survey by CheapCarInsurance.net suggests that knowledge once considered commonplace by drivers is...not so commonplace anymore.

"America's Automotive IQ: Analyzing Automotive Knowledge in the U.S" surveyed 2,000 car owners and found that quite a few people, especially in younger demographics, aren't too savvy in basic car-related tasks.

Of those polled, 42.2 percent said they felt confident that they could change a flat tire, 17 percent claimed they were somewhat confident, 19 percent said they were not very confident, and 21.8 percent stated they were "clueless."

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/draft-60-percent-pe...

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-31-2017 at 02:00 PM

Pretty soon we will have driverless cars, and only a few luddites will know how to drive.

I get a flat once every 3 years. I rarely change it myself - I call AAA or drive it to the nearest tire shop.
30 years ago I used to get flats more often -- perhaps tire quality has improved??
I look forward to improvements in tire technology, so we can get rid of air-pressurized tires, and get on to driving with flat-free and maintenance-free tires.
At this rate of technological change, I hope to lose my ability to change a tire!!! :light::light::light::light:
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2017 at 02:08 PM

:lol:....well the sharp minds over at Joe and Alm are convinced Diane is actually a guy and the whole story is a fabrication, so the whole tire changing issue is moot.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.