BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: La Perlita South Campo?
Drew Miles

[*] posted on 5-31-2017 at 11:17 AM
La Perlita South Campo?

I have an opportunity to purchase a home in La Perlita in the South Campos of San Felipe. I read a post on here from 2010 that concerned me. Can anyone clarify for me if these problems have been fixed or if I should just run for the hills? Below is the post copy and pasted from that thread.

What camp are you in? Ed and Paula Bair recently lost their house to Javier Maduena through a court action. Roger and Pam Sue were forced to sell their house to the buyers of their camp or lose it at the end of their lease. The rumor is that the owner of Playa Linda is going to triple the lot rent. We are fortunate in that our camp was purchased by US citizens 4 years ago and our situation is stable. I would not want to be in a Mexican owned camp as the writing is on the wall.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2017 at 11:24 AM

I'd opt for the hills....
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 5-31-2017 at 11:43 AM

Purchasing properties in Mexico is at best a gamble. .......

But then again , everything in life is a gamble ...........

[Edited on 5-31-2017 by Paco Facullo]
bajaponderosa
Junior Nomad

Mood: Living and Loving The Baja Way

[*] posted on 6-2-2017 at 10:22 AM

You are doing the right thing in asking about homes for sale in the South Campos.
Paperwork and handshakes don't get you far anymore.
Gather your info and go from there.
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2017 at 10:49 AM

I would speak in terms of a rental scenario and maybe a lease/purchase scenario over time would come forward as a best scenario.
-or-
Do your due diligence from a couple of angles, what Notario Publico is required? Have them provide if any, the Ejido connections, talk to past purchasers, past contractors, a couple of Abagados and of course all the local gadflys. Go back and repeat everything you heard to all of them again. repeat process, the truth will bubble to the surface if your lucky and astute.
Enjoy the adventure and realize its their railroad and tracks.

Es Todo Bueno
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
6-5-2017 at 10:17 AM

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.