Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Inside Promises
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2017 at 02:14 PM
Inside Promises

Some of you old hands don't mind when I slip in non Baja fiction if it's fun to read. Hope this is one of them - 3 pages.

Attachment: Lompoc.doc (34kB)
This file has been downloaded 363 times

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 6-6-2017 at 02:34 PM

Great timing on this one! Always angood reminder to not get caught!

pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2017 at 07:21 AM

For obvious reasons you never hear from the ones who don't get caught. The ones who do - those Wolves of Wall Street, for example - write about it in a snarky, self-righteous sort of way. This is much better.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 6-7-2017 at 08:31 AM

Nice story. You write with apparent insight into the topics. I presume you have a good imagination.
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2017 at 10:20 AM

Thanks Pablo. And Rider, I'm rarely found in my stories. I learn about the places (like on this one) online, the plot allows me to walk in the players' shoes and I intuit all the rest --- the noise issue for example.

I was hoping for more comments but we are in the snapchat, FB, texting generation and most of my fiction tales won't squeeze down to flash so maybe most Nomads won't bother to read 3 pages unless they get tuned into the subject REAL quick.

Jorge

[Edited on 6-7-2017 by Osprey]
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 6-7-2017 at 10:56 AM

Osprey, I love your work, and will save the link to this story. I was not able to view the story without purchasing a Microsoft Office product, according to their pop-up.

I am sure that my computer tech son knows a workaround, or knows how to activate the program, which I believe is part of my original package.

I am using an old, low capacity laptop right now (very slow upload speed) and don't want to try to tweak it until I can take it to him.

Looking forward to the read!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2017 at 11:09 AM
Word

Akgringo, wrote the story some Word generations ago --- sorry. Here's the link again in upgraded Word for you and others.

Attachment: Lompoc.docx (20kB)
This file has been downloaded 201 times

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 6-7-2017 at 11:10 AM

Openoffice.org has a free suite of software to rival Microsoft Office and is compatible as well.

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 6-7-2017 at 02:04 PM

Jorge, thanks, that link worked! I must have lost the first program when I upgraded to Windows 10.

It is good to look at life from a viewpoint that I never want to fully understand.

I just hope that no one discovers what I did to de-rail the 2016 election!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 6-8-2017 at 08:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Osprey  
Thanks Pablo. And Rider, I'm rarely found in my stories. I learn about the places (like on this one) online, the plot allows me to walk in the players' shoes and I intuit all the rest --- the noise issue for example.

I was hoping for more comments but we are in the snapchat, FB, texting generation and most of my fiction tales won't squeeze down to flash so maybe most Nomads won't bother to read 3 pages unless they get tuned into the subject REAL quick.

Jorge

[Edited on 6-7-2017 by Osprey]

You do a great job. The noise issue is a perceptive point well made.
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 6-8-2017 at 05:04 PM

Wonderful read Jorge!! You are absolutely brilliant!!

carpe diem!
BajaBreak
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2017 at 02:39 PM

I really enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing, Osprey!

I give that life advice out to youngsters all the time...Don't get caught! :biggrin:
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2017 at 03:26 PM

Never say NEVER!

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
thebeckster
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2017 at 08:52 PM

That was really enjoyable, thank you for sharing. Please keep them coming!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2017 at 08:08 AM

Boy, I was right there with him. Excellent tale, as always!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2017 at 10:30 AM

A lot of things to dislike there. Not just the noise. Lack of sun or any kind of "view". Nothing aesthetically pleasing to look at, no attempts made to make it look nicer - standard dehumanized layout, fixtures, paint day after day. Walls all around, you don't get to see the horizon, prison yard is all you see - can't say about work parties, work sucks IMO. Same people, even same guards most of the time. Bad food - dull, tasteless, repetitive. Probably few other things that I've missed 'cause haven't been there.

One thing is sure - the only lesson they learn is not to get caught. Morality of an average member of our society isn't much different from that of a caveman, you can't improve him.

Edit - PS: for those insisting on using MS Office... New Office is backward-compatible with old Word versions, but is not a part of Win 10. Occasionally you can find Office 2003 for free, and it works under Win 10, but it's easier to buy Office 2010-2016 on Ebay. Starts from $5, key included. Make sure it's not "MS Office Equivalent" because those are actually third-party free apps. Don't know how they can sell MS that cheap. For the sake of my conscience I'm telling myself that they are buying a multi-user license and selling one by one.

[Edited on 6-12-2017 by Alm]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.