Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Santa Rosalia day trip
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2017 at 07:05 PM
Santa Rosalia day trip

We had some business to do in Santa Rosalia, so we went there for the day yesterday.

Look at the tip of the cactus at the military stop -they put fruit on the tips. Not such a good shot but they don't allow you to take pics there so I had to sneak it in.

Cactus

Here we are coming in to town.

View

Whenever we go, I drop off the plastic I have collected. The guys who work there recognize us and call out THANK YOU seƱora. I sure wish all towns got together and sent the plastic to be re-used, repurposed, recycled.

Plastic

They have redone the front part of town from the train towards the library. New parking spots that are huge and plentiful as well as really nice gardens.

Garden in town

In various spots around town, they have these plastic collection cages. Yes ! Yes! Yes!

Plastic collection container

We went to TERCOS chicken place and had their 1/2 chicken with mashed potatoes and cole slaw. I make a mean slaw but theirs is truly special.

Restaurant

We got there early and the temperature was OK, By the time we were ready to leave at about 1:00 pm, this is what the temperature guage read! It was really hot.

Short but fun. And when we got back to La Bocana, it was windy and freezing and we both smiled.

We love where we live!

[Edited on 6-14-2017 by BajaBlanca]

[Edited on 6-15-2017 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
gueribo
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2017 at 07:51 PM

Thanks for a nice report and photos. And kudos on the recycling. So great.
bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2017 at 11:09 PM

Yes!!! I'm so glad to see plastic get recycled down there. It's long overdue.
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 6-14-2017 at 06:15 AM

Can you please give specifics on where to drop off plastic? Any place to drop off glass or do we have to bring that back into US?
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2017 at 12:38 PM

Glass has to go to the States, plastic can be at any cage on the streets of Santa Rosalia (they are spread about).

or

The main gate is on the left of the highway where the big dump is, last gate as you head north. It is usually closed but the workers have just told us to leave bags there. They get money for it, so it is win-win.

I am so thrilled that someone else out there in the big world of Baja cares enough to recycle :)))

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2017 at 01:18 PM

It is really good news about recycling. Getting people to stop throwing trash on the ground is an education that starts with the kids.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 6-14-2017 at 01:39 PM

wouldnt it be great if our villages would put the plastic cages around town too....you didnt mention a trip to Super Ley!!!! The best store in central baja for sure!
Is the fruit on the cactus for birds do you think?

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2017 at 05:59 PM

Our delegado thought about putting cages but how to get all the plastic to santa rosalia? If we could swing it, Santa Rosalia even offered to donate park benches in thanks. So, for a couple years now, I do it and my neighbor puts her plastic in our pile.

This time we didn't stop by the super ley...it is awesome but we have a pretty big store with a wide selection right here in La Bocana.

Never thought about why the fruit was there but I bet you are right, Shari.

Come visit La Bocana

BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 6-15-2017 at 05:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Glass has to go to the States, plastic can be at any cage on the streets of Santa Rosalia (they are spread about).

or

The main gate is on the left of the highway where the big dump is, last gate as you head north. It is usually closed but the workers have just told us to leave bags there. They get money for it, so it is win-win.

I am so thrilled that someone else out there in the big world of Baja cares enough to recycle :)))

It's great that they recycle. I didn't know that. Thanks!

I hope that they can devise some sort of system to securely retain the trash inside the fenced area. It seems to me that the wind takes some of the trash and deposit it onto the road, breach, and into the ocean below.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2017 at 07:21 AM

You missed pictures of the new park across from Terco's . It is unbelievable what they have done with the area below the Mahatma Gahndi Library.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2017 at 02:47 PM

I just got the one photo of the mini garden.

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.