Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: I made it!
dmer
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2017 at 07:20 AM
I made it!

a little bumbling along the way; fuel meter decided to stop working, need to immerse myself in learning the language, no GPS. I did find the LAST Baja N & S maps at Barns and Noble near the boarder. ATT did not mention that I need a country code for Baja incoming and outgoing calls. However...

I MADE IT!

I am at Jardines and it is so gorgeous. Think I will stay and chill for a couple of days. Unbelievably beautiful.

Dianne
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 6-21-2017 at 07:26 AM

Thanks for your enthusiastic report, Dianne!

Perhaps one day you will feel that this country could your be your home, as many of us retirees have done.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-21-2017 at 07:43 AM

Great!

No fuel gauge? If you have a trip odometer, set it to zero when you top your gas tank at El Rosario (Km. 57), 34 miles south of Baja-Jardines (which is at Km. 1.5).

Depends on what you are driving and tank size, but most vehicles have at least a 300-mile range. The next Pemex southbound from El Rosario is at Bahía de los Angeles which is 180 miles from El Rosario (2 stations, 40 paved miles east of Hwy. 1 at Km. 282) or Villa Jesus María, 198 miles from the El Rosario Pemex. Twenty more miles is the next Pemex, on the left at the Eagle Monument (state border). Guerrero Negro is just beyond, take right fork 2 miles south of the border, for two more stations on the main street.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 6-21-2017 at 07:44 AM

So nice when a plan comes together.

A little bumping along the way is fun, keeps it exciting.

Congratulations and theres a whole lot more to come.

Safe journeys but above all ENJOY

Saludos, Paco
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 6-21-2017 at 07:52 AM

Woo Hoooo Dianne....good for you to overcome some wee obstacles! Traveling & living in Baja is like a super challenging, exciting, fun pin ball game or I guess in recent times...a video game. It reminds me of those old driving games where stuff pop out at you on the screen and you have to react. All kinds of stuff pops up here so go slow, be mindful and aware and have fun!!!!

I highly recommend somehow getting together with Baja Gringo Ron who has the aquaculture setup out in the bay so you can go and chow down on some of his sweet oysters at their new restaurant...go to Talk Baja on Facebook to hook up with others in the area. Ron is a wonderful ambassador for Baja and a great guy too.

I really love how you are checking in so we can keep up on your sojourn. It is always fun to "see" baja through newbies eyes. Many people who ask for advice, take it and run and we never hear from afterwards so it's great you are giving back. Now to figure out how to post photos from your excellent adventure.

Spanish will come...get a little notebook and ask what they just said and write the phrases down. Blanca & I can help you with a crash course if you like. U2U me if you need help dialing that phone. Give me your number and I will call you. I look forward to your trip report!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
dmer
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2017 at 07:58 AM

Thanks for the great idea, Dave.

I am trying to upload two gorgeous photos but having problems. I miss the days of the old iPhotos platform!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-21-2017 at 08:56 AM

Uploading photos to Nomad from your phone? I don't think that is possible as the file size needs to be reduced if Nomad hosts them. If you can upload them to a photo hosting site first, like Photobucket.com (with upload size no more than 800 pixels wide), then the Photobucket IMG link can be pasted right here.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2017 at 07:53 PM

Good for you! Yowzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Dianne!

I love that you are so easy going and flexible regarding your schedule. Enjoy Jardines because it is boiling hot where you are headed!!

:biggrin:

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2017 at 08:01 PM

With your cell phone dial 001 area code and phone number to make calls from Baja to the U.S.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.