Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Cabo Magic making MAGIC in Baja Sur
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2017 at 07:51 PM
Cabo Magic making MAGIC in Baja Sur

Lori from Cabo Magic has helped me out throughout the years....but this time she went OFF THE CHARTS!

She wrote that she had new computers for me - one of the things a college student most needs. We were on vacation, so when they arrived, I didn't even open up the box so that they would be well protected.

What I found once I opened them blew my mind! How lucky are my kids to have such an angel looking after them?!!

Thanks Lori, thanks Cabo Magic for making MAGIC in La Bocana.

Today I set up a time to go and meet Ramiro (the architecture student) and his parents to give them the news that we have a tuition sponsor, but are awaiting an answer from the possible food/internet/transportation sponsor. I also explained to him that he was a VERY lucky kid and told him about the amazingly incredible professional drafting table that Don Jorge bought him.

Thanks Lori and thanks Jorge. You two are real life heroes :))))

[Edited on 7-16-2017 by BajaBlanca]

[Edited on 7-16-2017 by BajaBlanca]

resized 3.jpg - 72kBresized 2.jpg - 112kB

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-15-2017 at 11:59 PM

How great is that!!! Cool.
CHECK YOUR u2u por favor.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-16-2017 at 06:27 AM

Thank you Lori, CAbo Magic & of coure Blanca for making dreams come true for these deserving kids!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2017 at 07:56 AM

It is all wonderful! Thanks all for helping me make an impact on the fishing villages of La Bocana and Punta Abreojos. This might be the last year I add new students to the Beca Blanca project since our first students from 2013 graduate next year. Passing it on means that they will, over time, sponsor 2 students each in the future.

I could not have done any of this without everyone's support - be it with a kind word, hauling stuff down from my mom's house in San Diego or donating money/clothes/school material! Thanks thanks and more thanks.

Next year we have 5 graduating students: Clarissa will be a marine biologist and plans on working with turtles/lab abalone in Punta Abreojos, Alexis will be an engineer/accountant and is looking to work in Santa Rosalia, Mary will be a chemical engineer in La Paz, Julian and Alfonso will be international businessmen in La Paz. Julian wants to work as a customs agent and Alfonso might work for the gvt. offices. He is having trouble with English and we have him in a crash course this summer.

The obstacles these first students overcame were seemingly insurmountable. Clarissa with no dad and a mom who has a small restaurant that barely pays bills, Alexis from a ranch that is as remote as they come, Julian whose mom died unexpectedly and dad remarried and kicked the kids out, Alfonso with an alcoholic dad who was basically MIA. Mary also from a single mom family struggling in San Ignacio will have to take an extra semester, but she will be working in La Paz when she is done at the end of 2018.

Magic is all around!

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2017 at 10:05 AM

Excellent, making a difference in a positive way is great.
jbcoug
Senior Nomad

Mood: Needing Baja!

[*] posted on 7-16-2017 at 04:47 PM

These stories always make me smile! It just shows that a little bit here and there really adds up to miracles!

\"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.\" Andy Rooney
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2017 at 07:51 AM

Blanca what you have done and do is what deserves the accolades!

Taking care of youth, giving them guidance and direction is extremely important, and not something all parents can do.

Your tireless efforts to make life better for inspires me and others - I'm proud we were able to do something that has a positive impact.

And thanks too for your kind comments all ... Lori

giving.jpg - 23kB

MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 7-20-2017 at 08:09 AM

You and Less are great people, I love how you saw a way to change the world and did it. THANK YOU!!!

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2017 at 08:35 AM

Blanca, the two laptops look like they may be HP Chromebooks; i.e., running Google's Chrome operating system instead of Microsoft Windows. If so and you have questions about the details, let me know.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2017 at 11:41 AM

oh....hopefully Ramiro can figure it out. Thanks for the heads up!

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.