BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Calling El Sacrificio from Az?
basautter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2017 at 03:34 PM
Calling El Sacrificio from Az?

Hello Nomads. I am trying to call El Sacrificio from Tucson, Az. The number provided is 52 686 525 9945. I tried it as is, and added a 1 in front. Neither worked. Any advice here? Thanks in advance!
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 8-18-2017 at 03:50 PM

Try putting the 1 after the 52.

Also try 011 52 1 686 525 9945

or try it that way without the 1

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

basautter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2017 at 03:58 PM

Thanks, but that did not work either.
Sr.vienes
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2017 at 04:05 PM

Try Maracella Luis at 01152-686-566-3354 or 316-654-1221. Pretty scruffy last trip, hope they it cleaned up a little. Let us now if it has improved.
basautter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2017 at 04:05 PM

Disregard the previous post.

The following worked!

011 52 1 686 525 9945

Thanks!
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 8-18-2017 at 04:23 PM

Where is El Sacraficio? Is it a hotel, restaurant, camp ground, or something else?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 8-18-2017 at 04:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Where is El Sacraficio? Is it a hotel, restaurant, camp ground, or something else?

cabins,camping,restaurant on the south shore of gonzaga bay
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 8-18-2017 at 05:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

cabins,camping,restaurant on the south shore of gonzaga bay

Thanks, I remember now almost heading that way last year! I wound up dry camping on the beach near Campo Beluga instead. just me, my dog, and a pack of coyotes!

[Edited on 8-19-2017 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
basautter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2017 at 06:02 PM

El Sacrificio is a hotel/restaurant across the bay from Alfonsina's at Gonzaga Bay. I have only been there once. It was pretty basic, but clean when I was there. The food was good!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-19-2017 at 01:04 AM

They are module cabins and very rustic inside, had A/C however, so they claimed. That was in 2011. In 2017, I wanted to review the place on the busiest day of the year for winter vacationers (New Years weekend) and they were closed, gate locked, required long backing out as they had no turn around at the gate with large white rocks lining the road.
I camped a mile or two south and it was fine and free.

Photos from 2011 (July 4) and 2017 (Jan. 1) posted on Nomad.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 8-19-2017 at 06:16 AM

Was there a few years ago for three nights. Nothing special about the place. Someone on this board wrote that Sacriificio had "bad vibes" and I can confirm they are not friendly. I could not make a connection NOB on their phone.
3464james
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2017 at 09:15 AM
El Sacrificio

I was there in June. The staff has always been extremely friendly, launching my boat and recovering it with their large farm tractor . The cabins are clean and spartan. Two bedrooms and air conditioner in each bedroom working from 8:00PM t0 4:00 AM. I initially contact Marcella on Facebook, and receive a response in a couple of hours. Go to the Facebook page as there are numerous comments and pictures. I always post my request for a reservation on Facebook and ask for a phone number and contact her directly. She has moved to Mexicali from El Centro. I spend a week to 10 days there and she requires a two night deposit, $70.0 per night. I deposit directly to her bank account here in the states and retain the receipt. I call her back and let her know that the money has been deposited.

The other guests have been very polite, quiet and nice. In other words; no problems. I find the place quieter and less expensive then the hotel at Alphonsina's. Another plus is that you are close to Punta Final for diving or fishing. Enjoy.
Sr.vienes
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2017 at 11:53 AM

Luis has always been friendly to my friends and I when we have stayed there. Our first stay was February 2011, all was good with clean rustic rooms. Rustic doesn't bother us nor does dust or sand, it's Baja the wind blows an it don't rain. They made us a wonderful fish dinner with all the trimmings that was as good as anywhere in Baja for our group of eleven, quite a feat and well appreciated. Now the but part of the story next stop a little scruffier. The next trip was far worse dirty not dusty but it was also serving as a construction workers camp cause the road work was still in the area, the construction guys were all cool and we shared beers and snacks. Thought we would give it one more shot in August 2016, rooms had no TP two towels for four people all the trash cans outside the room were overflowing with very pungent crud and the outside tables looked like they had been used for fish cleaning a few months before. It was midnight before the AC wheezed enough to make it sleep worthy.
OK I did say never again, but I'm hoping maybe it was just construction worker hangover and they have gotten it back in shape and the restaurant serving on a regular basis. It's the right spot for us and they don't mind the dogs.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2017 at 12:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Sr.vienes  
Luis has always been friendly to my friends and I when we have stayed there. Our first stay was February 2011, all was good with clean rustic rooms. Rustic doesn't bother us nor does dust or sand, it's Baja the wind blows an it don't rain. They made us a wonderful fish dinner with all the trimmings that was as good as anywhere in Baja for our group of eleven, quite a feat and well appreciated. Now the but part of the story next stop a little scruffier. The next trip was far worse dirty not dusty but it was also serving as a construction workers camp cause the road work was still in the area, the construction guys were all cool and we shared beers and snacks. Thought we would give it one more shot in August 2016, rooms had no TP two towels for four people all the trash cans outside the room were overflowing with very pungent crud and the outside tables looked like they had been used for fish cleaning a few months before. It was midnight before the AC wheezed enough to make it sleep worthy.
OK I did say never again, but I'm hoping maybe it was just construction worker hangover and they have gotten it back in shape and the restaurant serving on a regular basis. It's the right spot for us and they don't mind the dogs.

you and your buddies ever consider going in on a place over at papa's?

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.