Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Just home from Loreto
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2005 at 10:22 PM
Just home from Loreto

Just got home from a month in Loreto. Rury, who works at the airport will be the new President of the Pueblo. He takes office in May. Loreto is crawling with gringos and land prices are going up, up, up. Went out with Nacho Quintero week ago last Friday for a little commercial fishing (I was just helping him and receive no pay for this) and we brought back 12 Jurel in the 35 pound range. His pickup bed was full of them. We got in at 4:30 and I was beat. I could barely walk. Showered and went right to bed for 12 hours. With my heart problems, I have had to go using a harness and boy, did I get a ribbing over that. They said I was wearing a bra. At 62, I thought all men wore bra's. I am building back in La Colonia. I guess I will never learn my lesson. Last Friday it rained---no, it poured on Loreto so if you are going down for Easter, you will probably be in for a treat as the desert will be in bloom. This year we haven't had the winds out of the north like other years. Wind from the South has been pushing the Northern wind back, I guess. Many days in the low eighties. Nothing new on Loreto Bay to report. About half of those burned out in Tripui and rebuilding so far. Yes, Loreto is growing and I can only hope it won't turn into another Cabo San Pukas. It does seem that the police and Feds are more aimable these days and are encouraging more gringos to make Loreto their second home. With the baby boomers starting to retire, growth anywhere you go is bound to happen. They seem to be nipping at my heels I seems to be getting closer each year to the front of the line (of those waiting to cross over or pass on to the next world). We don't die anymore, we just sort of go away somewhere and not come back. High dollar homes are popping up all over Loreto but it still keeps its charm. I guess there is plenty of room for everyone----I just hope there is plenty of water too. Thats all for now folks.

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2005 at 11:35 PM

capn. sharky

You are a lucky guy!:yes:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2005 at 12:29 PM
Thanks Sharky!

Are you canning the fish are does it all go to Murillo for the local Market?
Sure make me want to make a trip to Loreto. Good Luck

Harness?????? I don't need no bloddy harness!!

Skeet/Loreto
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2005 at 08:16 PM
Canning

No, Skeet, not canning. I gave it all to Nacho so he could sell it to the fish buyers. I kept a fillet or two for some Mexican friends who need fish for dinner. As for the harness, I don't have to use it---but I am still not supposed to lift over thirty pounds due to the valve replacement in my heart. So----why take a chance. No fish is worth dying over.

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2005 at 11:39 AM
Just Kidding Sharky!

Hope all goes well for you and your Heart. Where are you Building in the Colonia? I sold my last Lot out North to a gut from Oregon so will only have fishing to bring me Back.
The good quality Air here in Amarillo Texas has made a real difference in my Life.
God bless.

Skeet/Loreto
backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2005 at 11:56 AM

SHARKY

We are neighbors, I'm on the east side of the football field and south a block. Give me a shout next time your this way.

Dan
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2005 at 04:05 PM
Okay, Dan

On what corner? What does your house look like. I am coming back around the 12th of March to check on construction progress and do a little fishing with a neighbor of mine who has been down with me before. Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllll. Goal.:lol:

capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2005 at 04:10 PM
Gut from Oregon

Skeet ---ya gotta watch out for those guts from Oregon. Bunch of Tree huggers, ya know. I am at the west end of the Soccer Park in La Colonia. I am building two condos at the back of the lot where Pancho has his fiberglass repair and boat building shop. Pancho will finish off his house pretty soon and move in on the other side. I guess I miss La Colonia----especially the drunks on the weekend. Naw, its just a little more country out there.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.