Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Planning several rides around Loreto/La Paz in November
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2017 at 07:35 PM
Planning several rides around Loreto/La Paz in November

Tell me what I'm missing?

- 1/2 day trip from Loreto to Bahia San Juanico and San Basilio

- San Javier to Comondu and on La Purisma; Not sure if gonna load up and head to Loreto or go on to San Juanico on the Pacific side?

- Loreto to Agua Verde; Start the ride at the turn off of Hwy 1; Agua Verde to Ciudad Insurgentes; Load up on the truck, drive back to Loreto

- Ciudad Constitucion to San Evaristo; Camp out over night, maybe hire a panga to take us out to the islands

- San Evaristo to La Paz

Tell me holes in the plan?
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2017 at 10:29 AM

Sounds like all good rides to me. Beautiful country on all of them.

If time permits you may also want to do the ride from Constitucion to Timbabichi. Spend the night and explore around, some great beaches a little to the north. Talk to the locals about the history of the place. The black pearl that started it all.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2017 at 06:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
Sounds like all good rides to me. Beautiful country on all of them.

If time permits you may also want to do the ride from Constitucion to Timbabichi. Spend the night and explore around, some great beaches a little to the north. Talk to the locals about the history of the place. The black pearl that started it all.

Got you. Yeah, I read your trip report from a couple years back on that.

How about around La Paz? Any day trips interesting?

[Edited on 9-25-2017 by JZ]
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2017 at 07:42 PM

Sorry, I have never ridden or driven off road below La Paz only highway.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 9-25-2017 at 01:11 PM

I don't know the condition of the road post Lidia rains, but a road I enjoy driving is from Los Planes, over the pass to the coast, south through El Cardonal to Los Barriles.

If you were camped at La Ventana or El Sargento, you could probably leave the truck there and ride as a threesome.

I intend to be in the area a couple of weeks before you and could check the road out, if someone doesn't provide an update before then.

I shouldn't have any problem meeting you at, or somewhere near where I stay (Campestre Maranatha) and point out on your map a few spots that I have found around there.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
mcnut
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2017 at 01:27 PM

Second that, Punta Arena/Bahia de los Muertos south to Los Barriles.
Also heard good things about the east/west route Mex1 (Santa Anita/airport) to Mex19 (Rancho Nuevo or El Pescadero), though I have not done it myself.

Bruce
Sparetimewanted
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2017 at 07:08 PM

You should stop at Lopez Mateos on Mag Bay and rent a kayak and explore the island and mangroves!

Been to all of those places. Two of them are my favorite in baja. I'll let you figure that out. Another side trip would be out to Danzante.

Enjoy.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.