BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: See BajaLou's Satellite Maps of SF 250 race course!
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

shocked.gif posted on 2-23-2005 at 11:56 AM
See BajaLou's Satellite Maps of SF 250 race course!

San Felipe 250 Satellite Maps

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2005 at 06:32 PM

There is a side road that goes north and east from Matomi wash about 10 miles from hwy 5. On the satellite map the road may be near RM 184. I don't remember the area name but it come out onto the old Puertecitos where we staged for the run to matomi last Feb. thru another wash (azulla?? sp). It's kind of hard to tell from the satellite map.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 2-23-2005 at 06:49 PM

David,

That's real nice. Perhaps BajaLou could put together a Pole Line Road sat. map???:yes:
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 2-23-2005 at 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
There is a side road that goes north and east from Matomi wash about 10 miles from hwy 5. On the satellite map the road may be near RM 184. I don't remember the area name but it come out onto the old Puertecitos where we staged for the run to matomi last Feb. thru another wash (azulla?? sp). It's kind of hard to tell from the satellite map.

Hi Tom, that road is 12.0 miles west of Hwy. 5, in Arroyo Matomi...

It is an old road shown on maps from the 1950's that goes over the Llanos de San Fermin 17.7 miles where it joins the Canada el Parral road, 0.7 mi. west of the old Puertecitos road, just south of the Sulfur Mine. (that's where we stopped to collect some Apache Tears, last year)

I took the milages and GPS in May, 2003 when 'mcgyver' (Max in Yuma) joined me with his Suzuki to check it out. Here is where we stopped for lunch, on that road...

[Edited on 2-24-2005 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2005 at 08:44 PM

Love to do Pole line Rd etc Ken. What I need is GPS waypoints and/or GPS track records. The best way is a GPX file. Download the free program "EasyGps" from www.geocaching.com Download the waypoints from your GPS and make a file. Attach it to a Email and I'll give it a try. The hard way is to just give me a list of the waypoints. Then the hard part is keying it into a program to manipulate. If you can come up with something, let me know. u2u-email ??

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2005 at 09:25 PM

And by the way, thanks David for getting them up to be seen.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 2-23-2005 at 10:56 PM

My pleasure Lou... Just helping those with Baja Fever to find treatment!

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2005 at 08:26 AM

Thanks David. When Baja Promotions was running races we raced that section several times. One area we called cactus station because of all the cholla cactus. Once my friend and I made a bad trip thru them by mistake on our bikes prerunning. We were a sight standing there with our pants down pulling cactus needles out. Ouch.
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 2-24-2005 at 08:45 AM

The San Felipe 250 used it at least once I recall.

There is a capped well head along the road that bees were flying out of (for water or their hive?).

On an old map (perhaps 1954) I saw, it existed before there was a Puertecitos or the road to Puertecitos that was built parallel to the coast, south from the sulfur mine.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2005 at 09:08 PM

If you're heading west up what Score calls Azufre Wash, a couple? miles west of Old Puertocitos Rd is a Y, right to Azufre Wash (Parral on Mexican topos.) The left goes thru a area with lots of Apache Tears on the ground, then a right at another y and off thru the LLano San Fermin, where dthe capped well head is, then it drops into the Matomi. Almost directly across the Matomi from where you drop in is a road/trail south into the Las Blancas area. south a few miles then west and a x road and you will find a natural arch. What a sight. As you're heading west, one of the mountains ahead shows the outline of George Washington's head like on a quarter.

No Bad Days

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.