BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Baja Fixes... whachewgot!? <;~D. ...
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2018 at 08:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paulina  
Bonus points: I also eventually replaced him with a better Baja model, found in Bahia de Los Angeles too.
P>*)))>{

...sounds like the right fix....on a number of counts!! <;~D
philodog
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2018 at 03:07 PM

Coming out of Punta San Carlos a travel trailer leaf spring broke dropping the trailer onto the tire. The broken end of the leaf was resting on the trailer frame. Jacked the trailer up, put a piece of 2x4 between the frame and broken leaf raising the trailer off the wheel. The weight of the trailer kept the 2x4 in place until I got home to Northern California.
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 2-5-2018 at 05:23 PM

Broke the clutch lever on my bike. Used vice gripes for the rest of the trip.
Jinete Viejo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2018 at 11:36 PM

Re: Cleaning an engine case before applying Quik Steel or JB Weld;
The next time you have blood drawn, ask the phlebotomist for some alcohol wipes. You need to replace your supply once a year as they dry out inside the packet.
Re: Broken throttle cable at the top end;
Wire the inner cable to the twist grip and wire the outer housing to the handle bar.
Re: Fried clutch;
Put washers or pennies (at least 3 or 4) between one of the clutch plates to make up for the worn fiber. Did this on a friends 450 KTM and he rode it from El Rosario to San Francisquito and back.
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 2-5-2018 at 11:58 PM

Btw, these are all called TMOs. Typical Mexican Operation.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2018 at 10:11 AM

...not exactly Baja simplicity to have a set of cordless power tools, a power saw for firewood, drill, cutoff disc for steel, an impact wrench... all recharged with solar!

... came up with a nice 'fix' y'day for jacking and levelling the car.... adapted my crappy little car jack so I can use it with the impact wrench!!
....my ingenuity amazes me! <;~}

[Edited on 2-7-2018 by micah202]
yumawill
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2018 at 12:19 PM

I don't even know why I have an M.D. If I could get you to repair my front end I'm sure my ball bearing's would fall into the race position.
bent-rim
Nomad

Mood: Living la vida mota

[*] posted on 2-9-2018 at 09:43 AM

I am consistently impressed with the ingenuity used to repair stuff in Baja. There was a picture of a welder using a brown Paciifico bottle for welding goggles on another thread here. I also like guy guy re beading a tire by orally spraying gasoline in the tire and throwing a match on it. i'm sure that wall will work out great.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.