BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Baja Nomad administration...
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 3-1-2005 at 03:07 PM
Baja Nomad administration...

A couple of questions..

I have not seen my photos coming up when I post, and I am wondering if I am doing something wrong? I make sure they are smaller than the '50 KB' size limit.

Also I was wonderng if anyone else was experiencing a SLOWDOWN on the download time to connect with Baja Nomad site and viewing/connecting with another posting. It might be just my firewalls or something personal.

Thanks. Pompano

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 3-1-2005 at 03:13 PM

Lets see if my attachment works....

...the attachments are a little slower to see than normal images that are placed inline in the page.

If anyone thinks the site is slower than normal, let me know. I am not aware of any network or server issues that would cause such at the moment.

--
Doug

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-1-2005 at 03:15 PM

Attachment worked, so can't say what has happened. I do know that if the image is over 50K right now, it won't take - and gives an error message, albeit in small text, advising of such.

Also network slowdowns can easily be your network service provider and their equipment/providers/etc.

--
Doug

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.

Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 3-1-2005 at 03:26 PM
Thanks Doug...

The slowdown is my problem, I believe, and a computer-whiz friend is coming tomorrow to help me correct that problem.

The photo thing is puzzling, however. I am getting good at downsizing the photos and keeping them under the limits.

I would like to put them on the same page rather than attach...but I don't know how to do that yet. Is it easy and could you explain how?

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-1-2005 at 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
I would like to put them on the same page rather than attach...but I don't know how to do that yet. Is it easy and could you explain how?
Have a look at this and let me know if you have any questions:

http://forums.bajanomad.com/faq.php?page=misc#1

This means the photos are posted elsewhere.

The thing about this is:
How long will they be posted elsewhere - and thusly still available in the archives here? The BajaNomad site has a long history online, and attachments to posts here are likely to be here quite awhile. At least cool/interesting images of Baja for certain.

Regards,
--
Doug Means

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.