BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Sentri renewal and interview?
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2018 at 07:39 AM
Sentri renewal and interview?

I applied for my Sentri renewal and received my approval now it seems they want me to schedule an interview. Is that normal on a renewal or am I just misunderstanding their website. I find it a little confusing.

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 3-15-2018 at 07:44 AM

It's a crapshoot. Some get interviews, some don't

At our SENTRI renewal process, we opted for Global Entry instead of SENTRI, no interview, we received our new GE cards in about 14 days
aguachico
Senior Nomad

Mood: logic cannot get thru to the illogical

[*] posted on 3-15-2018 at 09:03 AM

Yes an interview is normal. Treat it like it was your first time. Take all you paper work and make sure you primary vehicle is up to code. All lids must be free standing, no added window tint and all docs.
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2018 at 02:11 PM

Yep, my sons' SENTRI passes were renewed without any interview requirement, but I got called in for one. It consisted primarily of the CBP officer telling me that I should have selected Global Entry instead of SENTRI and then taking the worst photograph of me ever taken, which will be on my SENTRI card for at least the next five years. I brought all my proof of residence and vehicle paperwork.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
Doug/Vamonos
Nomad

Mood: Muy Pacifico

[*] posted on 3-16-2018 at 07:22 AM

Just don't be like me Larry! I scheduled my renewal interview in Otai and accidentally drove across the border after missing the turnoff (first time going south at Otai) in my non-Baja car which happened to have a 9mm semi-auto and a couple boxes of ammo in the trunk! I had been to the range the previous weekend. When I crossed south I immediately remembered about the gun. Oh chit! I made my way back into the northbound lane and when I reached the border I was talking to the border guy and explained what I did (accidentally cross cuz I couldn't find the interview place) and he asked me to open my trunk. He goes back there and moves stuff around for at least a minute or two. I know he saw the gun! He comes back and looks at me and says go ahead and don't forget the turn. I was sure my ass was busted. Lucky day!
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2018 at 07:26 AM

Thanks for the responses guys, I guess I will go ahead and schedule an interview and Doug you are one lucky person.

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.