Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: North bound and have a couple of questions
cftlet
Nomad

Mood: Modelo Negro on my mind

[*] posted on 4-6-2018 at 09:47 AM
North bound and have a couple of questions

Lingcod bite is on in Brookings and it is time to head home anyway but I have a couple of questions.

1. Has anyone stayed at Serinidad recently? If so what conditions are the rooms in and is the bar and restaurant open? Are they still pet friendly? I love the place but the last time I was there it was pretty shabby.

2. What is the name of the motel at the military base between Guerrero Negro and Jesus Maria? Are they pet friendly and have a restaurant? I have not stayed there so what are the rooms like?
Any information will be appreciated, thank you

mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2018 at 11:40 AM

The serinidad has been doing a lot of work on the rooms, have not heard what they are now, restaurant was open but again don't know if good or not, The Hacienda in town is good, clean,restaurants close by and I think pet friendly but not sure.

The GN out by the military is the "Halfway Inn" did have a restaurant and were pet friendly.... iat the entrance to town at the curve, just as you enter on the right is Terra Sal has a restaurant and pet friendly, nice rooms and secure..
we stay there every trip both ways..

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-6-2018 at 12:08 PM

It seems sad that the trees and giant flag so well block or distract from seeing the 140 ft. tall Eagle Monument that has marked the state border since December 1973, when the Transpeninsular Highway was officially opened, that it no longer is the primary reference point.

[Edited on 4-8-2018 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 4-6-2018 at 01:16 PM
Hacienda

I enjoyed my stay at the Hacienda with my big dog last year. Because they have a resident cat in the courtyard, they asked me to keep her on a leash when using it.

There is a path down to the river that I used for walking the dog. It is right across from the off street parking at the rear of the hotel.

I have not stayed at the Serinidad for more than a couple of years, and never at Guerrero Negro.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2018 at 02:15 PM

Terra Sal in GNegro is our choice too when we have to spend the night there. Phone: 01 615 157 0133 They do have pet friendly rooms.

Instead of Serenidad (and I have no idea how they are doing), we stayed at Las Casitas and we loved it! I am pretty sure they accept pets, but don't quote me on that. Phone: 615 152 3023

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
chavycha
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2018 at 02:17 PM

Terra Sal and Halfway Inn are easier than most as they are right on the main highway and don't require the (minor) detour into town proper.

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 4-6-2018 at 02:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chavycha  
Terra Sal and Halfway Inn are easier than most as they are right on the main highway and don't require the (minor) detour into town proper.

True enough, especially if you are just passing through. Personally, I consider the "town proper" worth the side trip! The courtyard of the Hacienda, the town square, walking to restauants, shopping for supplies...all better than TV in a room!

Mulege for me is close to traveling back in time a few years when compared to Cabo, Ensenada, or even Loreto!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2018 at 11:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
It seems sad that the trees and giant flag so well block or distract from seeing the 140 ft. tall Eagle Monument that has marked the state border since December 1973, when the Transpeninsular Highway was officially opened, that it no longer is the primary reference point.

Once the subject of book covers...

Before it was built, the conceptual drawing:

My photo in 1974:

My photo in 2016:

Thanks for the Histroy Lesson David,
I didn't even know what that monstrosity was when I came across it a couple of weeks ago, figured it was some sort of Military equipment
chavycha
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2018 at 11:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Quote: Originally posted by chavycha  

True enough, especially if you are just passing through. Personally, I consider the "town proper" worth the side trip! The courtyard of the Hacienda, the town square, walking to restauants, shopping for supplies...all better than TV in a room!

Mulege for me is close to traveling back in time a few years when compared to Cabo, Ensenada, or even Loreto!

Terra Sal and Halfway are in Guerrero, not Mulege. I agree that the center of Mulege is attractive. Center of Guerrero (is there a center?), not as much, though there is a nice little park down by the salt plant.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-7-2018 at 12:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  

Thanks for the Histroy Lesson David,
I didn't even know what that monstrosity was when I came across it a couple of weeks ago, figured it was some sort of Military equipment

De nada!
Below the eagle is a large underground room that was a museum for the peninsula treasures. Mama Espinoza donated one of her ammonites (fossil sea snail) for the museum. The eagle and traffic circle there was also to be the center of a future agricultural city.
Those ideas didn't materialize. Nobody knows what happened to the museum treasures and the military took over the site.
Too bad, as the eagle is pretty spectacular.

[Edited on 4-8-2018 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.