Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: BOLA and Gonzaga
White Angel
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 02:28 PM
BOLA and Gonzaga

Hello again; We've never had to worry about just showing up and finding rooms at BOLA. Is that pretty much still the case? Gonzaga is another matter and I'm hoping for an e-mail or phone contact at Alfonsina's. Would anyone have that information? I know Jauqin had a "hotmail" address at one point; but things seem to change fairly constantly out there. Thanks in advance for any help you might offer.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 07:33 PM

I just used the search engine here on Nomad, typed in Alfonsinas and found this: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=5125

The numbers for Joaquin in TJ and Rancho Grande's satellite phone are there!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bufeo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 08:37 PM

If, for some reason, you can't find accommodations at Alfonsina's, Punta Bufeo has nice clean rooms.

bajabob
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 09:41 AM

Can you pretty much pull into BOLA and find a place to stay w/o reservations? thanks, bob
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 12:25 PM
Alfonsinas

Alfonsinas has been known NOT to give out rooms for whatever reasons. Prepare a secondary plan! Also....there is a very nice camp ground there near Alfonsinas. Showers, bathroom, shade cover...

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 03:29 PM

REALLY BUFEO??
The last time we were stopping at Punta Bufeo for rooms they were TERRIBLE! Not clean AT ALL! Looked like thay had occupants and not ALL two legged!!
beercan
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy to be in Baja

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 03:58 PM
Meme, I think

that Allen is lonely!!
He has been telling others that "that" road is great!!
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 04:51 PM
bufeo,

whats the room rate at bufeo???and how close are they to the beach??
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 05:42 PM

Must be pretty quiet down there at Punta Bufeo!! It is here but ??? Think he best go take another look at those rooms? Please do Allen and tell us a true opinion of them? We are always having someone here looking for rooms down that way. It seems Antonio thinks he has the market on rooms cornered now!Someone needs to build a motel so he will become reasonable!! The food is GREAT but the rooms are not $60 a nite rooms!!
Corky1
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 06:51 PM

I read a post on a Dual sport site that a father and son on a motorcycle trip stayed at Buefo.
Showed a picture of the room.
Didn't look to bad to me.
Of course I ride motorcycles. :lol: ??
I will try to find it and post.

Corky

\"Keep The Rubberside Down\"
bufeo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by meme
REALLY BUFEO??
The last time we were stopping at Punta Bufeo for rooms they were TERRIBLE! ....

Meme, when was that. There was a time a few years ago when everything went into a tailspin. We haven't stayed in the rooms, but when I inspected them in anticipation of acquaintances using them, they looked okay.

I'll get in touch with these guys (8 of them) who stayed there a few weeks ago and see what their impressions were.

Quote:
Originally posted by beercan
that Allen is lonely!!
He has been telling others that "that" road is great!!

Nope. Not lonely at all...and with our new reservoir shocks "that" road is a piece of cake, beercan

Quote:
Originally posted by eetdrt88
whats the room rate at bufeo???and how close are they to the beach??

I believe those bikers I mentioned above paid $35/night, but I'm not certain. The rooms are separated from the water by a row of houses and the airstrip.

We're going back down this week, maybe as early as Thursday, so since my reputation seems to be on the line, I'll go have a close look.

meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-24-2005 at 09:59 AM

Bufeo, it was not last season but one before when about 13 of us stopped there to look into rooms. They were Really bad! Dirty, beds unmade, sandy and dead(maybe this was best?) bugs on the floors! I don't even wanta tell you what kinda bugs I think they were!!! The man who was there said he would be happy to rent them to us! I'm sure he Would Be!!!! He also asked his wife if she would come to the resturant to cook for us? She said "NO" so we had a COLD Pacifico and went on our way to the High dollar place Called Alfonsina's!! Lol Lol! then it was ONLY $40 a nite!! Lol!
So Please do tell us how they are now ok?? We have been afraid to go back!!!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.