BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Any early election info??
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 7-3-2018 at 07:16 AM
Bernie and AMLO

Let's see:
Free tuition > check
Double pensions for all> check
Stop corruption> check
Halt the violence> check

Those should all be pretty easy.....

The one proposal that makes sense???
Privatize Pemex..... OOOOPS - too late, the reserves have been mismanaged to the point of serious depletion

Let's just knock all the business men and their nasty profit making machines to their knees, then the poor can run the country.

Trump is despicable, no doubt about it,
But he has two great accomplishments
1. Saved us from Hillary
2. Gorsuch with another good one to follow
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2018 at 07:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Thank God, that Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, a semi-leftist politician won!

I'm just shocked that his Presidency wasn't stolen from him like in 2006, when the multinationals feared him the most, and the US interfered with that election, like the Russians, interfered with the US election.

I got sick and tired of seeing Pan, the Catholic and right-wing party, or the old and corrupt PRI, party win these elections all the time. It's about time for something new!

Having AMLO, win would be like Bernie Sanders, winning in the US, which also would have been a wonderful thing in the US.

I expect great things from AMLO, but he has a tough road ahead of him, and he made a lot of campaign promises, that are easier said than done.

And you just know this guy won't back down to Trump.

Bernie was fun to watch and listen to
But his ideas would bankrupt the country in a year
What a guy
Free lunch for all, and let's destroy the establishment
Did you ever read the fable of the "Golden Goose"
Bernie's tribe would have that goose fileted and fried in no time
Then no more production and no more gold

Bernie would have been better than trump. Trump looks down on Mexicans and Latin Americans, but he governs in their mold: he practices nepotism, his staff are crooks (see Scott Pruitt)
But I wonder if any president of any country has lied as often as trump?
Hard to top trump when it comes to telling lies! :lol::lol:

Lies and fables.......often similar to bragging or
brag
bluster, harangue, puff
pride
gush
exult, glory, rejoice
brandish, display, exhibit, expose, flaunt, glorify, parade, show off
magnify, maximize

For the definitive lie compilation.....
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/23/opinion/trump...

Not ONE has caused grave harm to anyone, save for a few bruised egos.

Now contrast this with the lie that DID cause harm to millions of people, harm to the entire country and was the proximate cause of years of lingering high unemployment, wage stagnation and snail GDP growth.

The lie that was acknowledged as a sham and all due to the stupidity of the American people, by it's very creator no less.

"braggadocio" or an outright lie......"Your premiums will go down by $2500 a year"

Make the call....

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 7-3-2018 at 08:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  

You really think Bernie S would be effective? You are a bit off the orb

Bernie was fun to watch and listen to
But his ideas would bankrupt the country in a year
What a guy
Free lunch for all, and let's destroy the establishment
Did you ever read the fable of the "Golden Goose"
Bernie's tribe would have that goose fileted and fried in no time
Then no more production and no more gold

With the GOP controlling both the Senate and House, I think Bernie would have been stonewalled like Obama was during his eight years in office, but I still think Bernie, would have got a few things done, like US student loans, that are killing us. I have a Parent loan, that will probably go on for twenty years after my death! So do my kids, and millions of other Americans have those steep student loans, that really aren't low interest.

I didn't vote for Bernie, because I am a moderate democrat, and instead voted for Hillary, as being a more pragmatic choice, and Bernie, turned me off when I heard him sound like a GOP candidate and taking Israel's side against the Palestinians, while the liberal crown was yelling at Bernie.

However, in hindsight, Bernie, would have been a much better candidate to vote for, and for sure a better President, than what he have in the White House now, who gives tax cuts to the super rich, and a diet of fear mongering, and racial hatred against dark-skinned minorities for the non rich GOP voters.

Bajarunner, we could easily pay for any of Bernie's liberal programs, by cutting back the spending on pro war offensive programs in the US, and other foreign nations like Israel, that go into the billions, so we could provide kick backs to defensive corporations in the US.

So yes we could have a free lunch, if we stop our war mongering ways. Look at the 60's with Johnson, and his Great Society plan. The Vietnam war, really cut into those plans.

Mexico, is not war crazy, and they don't spend half their budget attacking other smaller nations like the US. Mexico, has oil revenue that it uses to help support the people, instead of the fat cat CEOs, and investors.( this is why AMLO is not going to allow foreigners to get it's hands on Mexico oil)

So I think López Obrador, has a real chance to get some of campaign promises, passed in Mexico Congress, which isn't as resistant as the US Senate and Congress.

López Obrador, wants to go after corruption, and that's a great starting point.

del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 7-3-2018 at 10:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Quote: Originally posted by tiotomasbcs  
Thanks for the link...SF..who's H???

Handsome.

here I thought it was Souther, Furay, and Hillman!;)

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 7-3-2018 at 10:34 AM

You guys crack me up ! As if there is anything you, I or anyone else can do about politics ..

This is what I voted for and wore the shirt proudly !!!!

https://www.headlineshirts.net/im-voting-for-tacos-t-shirt.h...

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2018 at 10:36 AM

Sander's prime issues, and in my opinion rightly so, are income disparity and the shrinking middle class because of the redistribution of wealth from the lower and middle-income earners to the wealthy.

On the other hand, Trump's actions have worsened the situation, regardless of what he says.

For example, the massive corporate tax break championed by Trump has only made the rich, richer. If you read the financial news you would know that the corporate tax savings are not going into capital investments, employee hiring, or increased wages. Corporations are using the tax savings to do stock buybacks and increase dividends, significantly enriching the largest shareholders.

Companies are on track to plow a record $1 trillion into boosting dividends and buying back their own stock this year, says Howard Silverblatt, senior index analyst S&P Dow Jones Indices.

http://time.com/money/5267940/companies-spending-trump-tax-c...

Keeping on topic, AMLO, being on the political left is unlikely to take such make the rich, richer actions.

[Edited on 7-3-2018 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 7-3-2018 at 10:53 AM

Now I know López Obrador, was the right choice for Mexico.

I think even my conservative friends would call Dick Morris, a sleazeball.

I expected more of this type of talk from the corporate backed media, but so far up to the election, the AMLO, bashing has been pretty tame, although news outlets like the "Wall Street Journal" has tried to paint AMLO as the second coming of Hugo Chavez, and a big fan of late Castro, in Cuba.

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2018 at 05:05 PM

you boys were getting so wound up doug had to pull the plug for awhile!:lol:
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
7-4-2018 at 09:14 AM
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.