BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: (Not Baja, But Important) 24 killed, 49 injured in Tultepec fireworks explosions; state halts production
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2018 at 08:02 PM

Lawyers abound in the U.S.A. Thus the list for beach rules.
But on the other hand those same lawyers make a contract be more than a piece of paper as compared to Mexico.

If ALMO could help to educate ALL the people and reform the justice system it would be a good start and historic thing.

Es Todo Bueno
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-16-2018 at 08:40 PM
Leaving Mexico Alone ?

I assume that NONE of those who counsel leaving Mexicans to their natural tendencies have never expressed any desire to alter the endemic corruption. After all, they're "doing what comes naturally" in Mexico.

Those who want to "Let it BE" should be consistent in their philosophy.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 7-17-2018 at 07:35 AM

Yep, there will always be some people that get pee'd-off at just about ANYTHING someone else does.
Ya just can't please everyone.

But bottom line is that you really should except the things that often take place in a foreign country.
Most people come to Baja for the freedom and less restrictions than what is found NOB.

Relax and enjoy , and if you just can't , than leave and go elsewhere..

The world, she is a BIG place...

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2018 at 11:08 AM
The Golden (get even) Rule IS .........................

Accept that which you cannot change.

While assessing a way to get back at those who've caused you distress.

And, get away with it.

Disregarding the nonsense that one should limit themselves to "Proportional Response".

Those who strike the first blow (so to speak) forfeit that.

It's always worked for me.

And, I'm still around.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2018 at 11:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
If one wonder why many lack compassion over those who end up in pieces, JZ provides the answer.

On the (too) few occasions when we've witnessed injuries from fireworks usage, it's been with a smile.

Would I lack compassion if I smiled when you fell down and broke a hip you grouchy ole man? Maybe from being startled from a loud boom?

Stay in the US, Baja isn't for you anymore.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 7-17-2018 at 11:55 AM

JZ,
Great drone vids and pics of your Baja exploration....thank you for those contributions here. :)

However, some of your comments reflect a bit of a yahoo mentality....please don't demonstrate the knuckledragger mentality some off-roaders get branded with....

:coolup:

Don't believe everything you think....
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2018 at 12:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
JZ,
Great drone vids and pics of your Baja exploration....thank you for those contributions here. :)

However, some of your comments reflect a bit of a yahoo mentality....please don't demonstrate the knuckledragger mentality some off-roaders get branded with....

:coolup:

Gotcha, but that ass hat said he would smile if one of us got hurt doing fireworks, sorry, not gonna take that from that fool.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 7-17-2018 at 01:01 PM

Hope you don't get hurt blowing chit up....but get it on GoPro if you do....we will decide if it's worthy of a smile or not.

P.S. ... a fan of big organized fireworks....but the show is never long enough...

Don't believe everything you think....
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2018 at 01:43 PM
Great Expectations

I assume that quite a few people would smile should misfortune befall me. I certainly wouldn't begrudge them their feelings. Which would have no effect on me. Being liked or disliked is unimportant when you feel justified in whatever actions created either response. I'm proud to have earned the animus of many who all richly deserved what I have been able to deliver over the years.

Which reminds me of a funny (to me, at least) anecdote from work years back .................... A co-worker had his tires deflated one a.m. in the company parking lot and he confronted me with the question "Did you do it ?"

"Why would you think that ?"

"Because it's the kind of thing I know you'd do ."

"That's true. It's exactly the kind of thing I might do if I had reason. What bothers me is WHY you'd think I had reason. What is it you've done that I don't know about that would p-ss me off ?"

In any case, I pointed out to him that I wouldn't have bothered to simply deflate the tires. I'd have slashed them. Any job that deserves doing is worth doing well.

He never found out who was responsible and I never discovered why he thought he'd earned my anger.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.