Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: La Costilla' south of San Felipe
Terry28
Senior Nomad

Mood: Thirsty

[*] posted on 7-12-2018 at 01:38 PM
La Costilla' south of San Felipe

I am considering renting a house in La Costilla, just south of Puerteitos….anybody been there??? what is it like?? Thinking of October..Gracias..

Mexico!! Where two can live as cheaply as one.....but it costs twice as much.....
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-12-2018 at 02:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Terry28  
I am considering renting a house in La Costilla, just south of Puerteitos….anybody been there??? what is it like?? Thinking of October..Gracias..

La Costilla is at Km. 84.5 (6 miles south of the Puertecitos road). Here is a photo of La Costilla that I took New Years 2017 trip from the viewpoint parking at Km. 84:

Baja Nomad 'bbbait' (aka: Wayno) goes often to the campo just north of there, Bahía Cristina, km. 83, which has a popular weekend restaurant.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

rancho guillermo
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2018 at 02:45 PM

Terry28, I was there in December/January (friend has a place there) Small cove but nice. Weekend had some campers at the palapas. As you probably know tide goes way out.. Not much to go eat or drink places.. Go back North to the Local place DavidK mentioned..or a little further to Cowpatty for Beer and Hotdogs..(and some fun discussions..)

Have fun...

baja trip Jan 2018 016.JPG - 84kBbaja trip Jan 2018 019.JPG - 134kB
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2018 at 02:52 PM

The large white compound has been there forever. Only time I have seen people there there were guards posted.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2018 at 03:12 PM

Cow Patty's cantina is at Km. 73, just north of Puertecitos.

Here is a page from my road guide draft:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

WestyWanderer
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2018 at 09:14 PM

Are you considering the house advertised on Air BnB? My in laws live in this campo 7 or so months out of the year. Very quiet, tight knit community. As stated, not much going on in the campo especially in October as it is still rather early in the season. Water will be warm and so will the weather.
bajamary1952
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2018 at 09:52 AM

I am housesitting now in Big Bear for someone who has 2 AirBnB's in San Felipe area; one in La Costilla.
I'll be taking care of those 2 places beginning in September.
You can check reviews of people who've stayed at the La Costilla place here to see what others say: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/440823
hermosok123
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2018 at 10:41 AM

Beach is marginal if that is a consideration.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2018 at 11:40 AM

September should be a real treat for you Mary... some like it HOT! We do!!

bajamary1952
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2018 at 11:51 AM

By September I will have been in Big Bear for 4 months housesitting so already for a chance. At least there prices are much cheaper & near ocean.
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 7-13-2018 at 12:10 PM

if possible plan your trip around the quarter moon, oct-nov a good shot at corvina :coolup:

bajamary1952
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2018 at 12:45 PM

Thanks. Don't fish - am vegetarian & I am housesitting so have to go in September. I've already been on both sides of Baja camping most of time so familiar with weather. September is much better on Pacific side but don't have a choice.
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 7-13-2018 at 12:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajamary1952  
Thanks. Don't fish - am vegetarian & I am housesitting so have to go in September. I've already been on both sides of Baja camping most of time so familiar with weather. September is much better on Pacific side but don't have a choice.

hi Mary....I was replying to Terry the OP:)

WestyWanderer
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2018 at 06:25 PM

Hey Terry, which house are you considering renting? Just out of curiosity
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-13-2018 at 07:03 PM

Fuuk that. BdeLA and hang out, again!

Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2018 at 09:11 AM

Woody... After Hwy5 will have been finished, you'll see so many people hanging out in BOLA that it's BOLA that will be fuuked up. SF too, - more traffic going through. Owners of gas stations and cr-appy restaurants will be happy.

[Edited on 7-14-2018 by Alm]
Terry28
Senior Nomad

Mood: Thirsty

[*] posted on 7-14-2018 at 09:11 AM

Westy,
Yes, we are considering one of the vrbo houses advertised here and by BajaMary…..Woody, its a toss up between B of La and this place. Hanging out with you two would be fun!! What to do?? what to do??

Mexico!! Where two can live as cheaply as one.....but it costs twice as much.....
WestyWanderer
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2018 at 03:07 PM

Well if you decide to rent the house we may cross paths, we will probably be down mid to late October for a few weeks depending on the weather.
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2018 at 03:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
Woody... After Hwy5 will have been finished, you'll see so many people hanging out in BOLA that it's BOLA that will be fuuked up. SF too, - more traffic going through. Owners of gas stations and cr-appy restaurants will be happy.

[Edited on 7-14-2018 by Alm]

Yup. and more people to rob and kill. Seems the town is lawless over the last couple of years.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.