Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: 12-day Sea of Cortez cruise
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-15-2018 at 05:36 PM

Funny...I would never have imagined you as a cruise ship type but thank you for your insights on cruising Wilderone...it made sense when you put it that way...heck maybe I will tag along with you one of these days so we can both dance to that blues band! I love the idea of lots of stuff to choose from. I love being at sea.

I dream of doing an Alaska cruise on a smaller ship where I can see those fantastic sights and be warm...hahaha.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-15-2018 at 05:40 PM

I have never tried warm weather cruise, dont think i will. Alaska cruise was a blast, great way to see some sights, travel with family group. . The european river barge cruises look interesting.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2018 at 07:01 PM

"I dream of doing an Alaska cruise on a smaller ship where I can see those fantastic sights and be warm..."

Shari, the Alaska state ferry is perfect for cruising from town to town -- comforts on the ship -- and then some excellent campgrounds or hostels on shore. Small towns to explore - museums, hiking, boat to a glacier, totem state parks, etc. I put up a tent on the observation deck of the ferry for the 33-hr. Bellingham to Ketchikan leg; thereafter the travel distances were less - you could sleep in the theater or elsewhere. My first couple days of cruising the Inside Passage were mesmerizing. Ferry schedule is online - I still have my written itinerary and notes for in-town activities - I'll bring-with when I hopefully see you next whale season. Alaska is huge - numerous itineraries to create.

That blues band -- the 2 singers, 3 guitars and 3 saxes were awesome. They played every night except one.
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2018 at 07:10 PM

"While I may be (to a degree) considerate of my wife's tastes, I have never (and will never) choose an itinerary based on her choices absent my interest in the same."

I never implied that cruising is a "gal thing", rather, my perspective is taken from my own woman's experiences. I cannot comment on how a man's day is spent enjoyably on the cruises I speak of. I certainly wouldn't think that you'd do the same things together all the time during at-sea days. Jeez - give her a break.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 7-16-2018 at 04:30 AM

Looks like fun. It's good to spend time at sea. Changes your perspective.
But it ain't for everybody.
Inside cabin is fine.
Try a few days in the bunkroom of a big sporty out of San Diego...
It doesn't smell too much...

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-16-2018 at 09:18 AM
Getting the Best Everyday.

Mi Esposa gets all the breaks. She's got ME.

Admittedly, one has an edge when marrying someone whose previous union was to an S.O.B. It lowers the bar. Simply not being an alcoholic, abusive, larcenous jarhead put me in the upper-ranks.

And, I'm equally appreciative of my good fortune. We do what I decide (after appropriate convincing) and we're both (usually) happy. The fourth time was the charm. The one exception to our harmony was my flying hobby. That ended shortly after we met. She remains terrified even on Airliners.

If anything, she's becoming more like me in the social arena. I have to prod her to get together with her friends so she'll have somebody to babble with.

In any case, the bottom line still seems to me that one's thinking on the cruising scene would be dependent on how gregarious one is.

I have often been described as an "Anti-Social S.O.B.".

But, anyone who knew my Doormat Mom wouldn't agree with that last.

Well, I'm off to commune with the critters. The squirrels are (no doubt) wondering where I am.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.