Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Bahia Almejas & Gray Whales
bajamary1952
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2018 at 10:06 AM
Bahia Almejas & Gray Whales

Looking for new places to see gray whales in 2019. Anyone been to Bahia Almejas Lagoon? What about road conditions? O.K. to drive with non-4WD? Already been to the tourist spots (Guerrero Negro, etc.) so looking for less places with less foreign tourists.

[Edited on 8-14-2018 by bajamary1952]
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 8-13-2018 at 11:27 AM

I would go see whale with Shari, The camp nice and just getting started. I am sure it will great 2019. Camp in raised tents on the beach with great food.

http://www.whalemagictours.com/

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

bajamary1952
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2018 at 12:26 PM

I'm looking to go on my own and camp. Tours with foreigners are more expensive than what I want to pay. I've already done Puerto Lopez Mateos, San Carlos & Guerrero Negro. So looking for a less touristy place preferably with more Mexican tourists than foreigners as prices are less. I already know about San Ignacio Lagoon camping & will do that on my own.
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 8-13-2018 at 12:36 PM

You'll not be able to camp very close to the Whales at S.I. unless you stay at Kuyima camp. I have done both Kuyima camps and G.N, a couple of times. The new camp that Shari is booking the best.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-14-2018 at 09:02 AM

Mary...a nice place to camp is at Ojo de Liebre lagoon at the ejido campground at the very very end of the campsite road. You can be close to whales that are in the little calving inlet and if you go in January there is hardly anyone there at all and it is operated by local mexican families of the Ejido Benito Juarez and you can jump on a panga anytime you want when the weather suits you.

Laguna Manuela is a nice place to camp as well and there are whales once in awhile there too...just north of GN enter from Jesus Maria.

Thank you MMc for the comments on our new remote Whale Camp at the mouth of Ojo de Liebre which is amazing as you know. Only 12 people in camp at a time on a gorgeous white sand beach with whales frolicking in front of your cabin! Not to mention the exquisite fresh seafood they serve in the dining room.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2018 at 11:01 AM

shari, can you fix the photos in the wordpress page? want to send a link to curious friends, it would be better with the photos, all it showns noww are placeholders, and if you click on them it says file not found
boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 8-14-2018 at 06:53 PM

Some volunteers from our La Paz clinic went out at Almejas years back. Drove out in a high clearance 2 wheel drive van. They said it was great.

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-15-2018 at 07:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  
shari, can you fix the photos in the wordpress page? want to send a link to curious friends, it would be better with the photos, all it showns noww are placeholders, and if you click on them it says file not found

dang when Photo-bucket bailed on the free hosting I thought I changed all the photos out...guess not. are you looking at www.whalemagictours.com have you refreshed the page as maybe you have the old version?

I just put up the 2019 info and I see the photos on my computer...weird. Thanks for the heads up. Reserve early to get the dates you want as the calendar is filling up!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2018 at 10:53 AM

shari,
I sent email to your gmail account with a screen shot of what i see on my end

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.