Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Immigration
hermosok123
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2018 at 09:34 AM
Immigration

When applying for RP does the INM require that the monthly cash deposits be tied to a pension or investment fund or will they accept the 2,400 usd amount period.
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2018 at 10:46 AM

It has to be tied to total income by provable statements from a bank account or other documents that prove the income.

A huge chunk of Residente Permanente card holders are retirees with a provable pension and or withdrawals on investment gains.

Kinda shaky if you can't prove the $2400 requirement, via bank or other institution proof of deposits.

Not sure if they would accept..."I have $2400 income but I can't prove it or show where that comes from"
I have had a RP for many years and not sure if they have tweaked that requirement of proof.

Not sure if that is your case or not.....good luck

On edit and for clarification..

If you can prove the $2400 monthly income by any means, be it a pension, annuity or investment gains or even a flush bank account you draw from.........should be good to go ok?
Back up what you are going to enter on official immigration forms with some proof......works every time.

[Edited on 8-29-2018 by DaliDali]

Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2018 at 01:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by hermosok123  
When applying for RP does the INM require that the monthly cash deposits be tied to a pension or investment fund or will they accept the 2,400 usd amount period.

Source doesn't matter, as long as it's legal and reliable. They might ask more questions if income is from investments or self-employment. Pension deposits are self-explanatory. You need 12 monthly statements with approx. 2,400 per, exact amount varies depending on exchange rate and official minimum wage in Mexico at the moment.

At this stage it's the consulate that you are dealing with, not really INM. It never hurts checking your particular consulate site, each consulate is like an independent fiefdom with their own rules.

[Edited on 8-29-2018 by Alm]
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2018 at 01:41 PM

There are many paths to RP, such as moving from TR to RP, marriage, etc. If you are coming in with nor other association than tourist (FMM) who is moving to Mexico to be a resident Permanente and you want to become RP based on income, the intent is for that path to be for retirees as stated in documents. The income must be consistent, and you should be able to describe this is a long term form of consistent income, even if its consulting fees for retirees or preferably pension. Once you become RP you can work and you can become RP based on investment plus income plus many factors known as the point system which is vague, but includes speaking Spanish, having high end skills, or cultural expertise, or by honorary designation of contribution to society. RP from FMM by qualification of income is not intended for someone who is quitting their job to move to Mexico to be a worker full time, though it is up to the individual consulate to decide and unlikely that an onsite INM agent can halt the process once approved by the consulate. When I did it, they did pull me aside and say this form of RP is for retirees even though
I was moving from TR and FM2 so I had no choice, even though it was income from my work that I identified, I said I have been trying to retire my entire life jaja. If any issue occurs simply move to path from TR first and then move to RP or citizen based on over 18 months within 24 months in country.

Here are quotes I found from reliable sources:

http://www.yucatanexpatriateservices.com/resident-services/h...

"It is worth mentioning that only pensioners can apply for the Permanent Resident VISA without having the Temporary Resident VISA first."

Here is a forum with recent experiences:

http://www.mexconnect.com/cgi-bin/forums/gforum.cgi?forum=4;...

[Edited on 8-29-2018 by gnukid]
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2018 at 02:53 PM

The OP mentioned pension, so I presumed - wrongly? - that there is a pension already. If there isn't, then Gnukid is right, 2.4K income alone might not qualify for RP.

There were recent reports from people who qualified based on their income - for RT, not RP - before they retired. But they were self-employed, online business, and were able to convince the consulate - on quite lengthy and detailed interview - that they would be able to continue their business after moving to Mexico. Again, - they applied for RT, not RP.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.