Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Canada O Canada
white whale
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2018 at 02:57 PM

Military intelligence can be oxymarooon sometimes. Yes, always a chance, if you hear a drone see a solar panel in a tree better turn back.

Our american friends are just as P O'd at their own LEO's.
Incredibly entertaining and easy to binge on you tube.....
the first amendment Video tapers at the inland borders and public filming of government facilities - Post Office up to Military bases.
Every security guard is packing too. Turning the table on all the video cams the gov't puts up.

[Edited on 9-14-2018 by white whale]

[Edited on 9-14-2018 by white whale]

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no foolin' around Life During Wartime - Talking Heads '79
white whale
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2018 at 03:05 PM

Seems that oxy m o r o n is a bad word. Maroon is PC I guess. weird rule.

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no foolin' around Life During Wartime - Talking Heads '79
Gscott
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2018 at 08:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Trump admin has built concentration camps, Mexicans are thrown in detention, parents are separated from children, children locked in prison, cared for by lowest-bid govt contractors,... all in all, not a pretty picture :no:

OK. I can't silently abide any more of this BS. If you care about facts watch this video. The whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGuSdXiFtLk
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-17-2018 at 04:29 AM

You will find that many people on this forum wouldn't know a fact if it bit them in the Cojones....

bajaric
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2018 at 12:14 PM

Canada? "Home of Molson"
A DUI keeps you out
the Islamist are welcome
SAD!
Fatboy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2018 at 12:17 PM

To JoeJustJoe, there are no half truths to my comments on this thread. Ignorance of the law is ALLOWED if you are a LEO according to the courts.

Ignorance of the law is an outdated and almost impossible standard to uphold. In the past it worked because most laws are what would be considered 'moral' laws for the most part.

Now, with more laws on the books than can be counted, ignorance of the law can truly be a fair excuse.

And as additional proof that it is a challenge to keep track of all the laws look to Congress and the myriad of laws where IGNORANCE IS AN EXCUSE and is WRITTEN into the law.

Now to password sharing. Is it legal or not? The law dealing with it, CFAA, is vague with out a doubt but it does deal with passwords and trafficing them is most certainly a crime and does open one up for criminal prosecution.

Now it mainly deals with Federal computers but it also deals with interstate commerce which can be a catch all for many other acts.

At to the Netflix password sharing being a crime one will be punished for does seem highly unlikely. But then again going 1mph over a posted speed limit is also a law many of us break on a regular basis that we are highly unlikely to be prosecuted for.

Now to further muck up the waters further we have US V. Nosal that most people hold up as a hacking case under CFAA, which it may very will be, except for the dissenting opinion.

Nosal was decided on a 3 Judge panel appeal and the dissenting judge is the one that said it is really a password case and it leaves open the possibility to charge people with a crime for sharing passwords and the Judge's example was Facebook.

A final point is in Tennessee, whether you agree with them or not, it is illegal to share passwords. Most of the uncertainty is gone and it is clearer that password sharing for gain is illegal.

So to recap my original thought is that Ignorance of the Law is an outdated and almost impossibly high standards for many crimes, NOT ALL, and should not be a standard that is held to be true across the board.

To my outrage about laws, mainly biased and/or outdated laws, that punish people in situations that leaves them with 2 bad choices was not shown in that post but it is there and very real for me, and I have the misfortune to see it happen up close and personal.
Fatboy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2018 at 12:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Gscott  

Trump admin has built concentration camps, Mexicans are thrown in detention, parents are separated from children, children locked in prison, cared for by lowest-bid govt contractors,... all in all, not a pretty picture :no:

OK. I can't silently abide any more of this BS. If you care about facts watch this video. The whole thing.

Are you a troll?

Surely you cannot be under the belief that because a government spokesperson says it (or in this case DOES NOT SAY IT), that it is true?

Does not history teach over and over again, that governments lie time and time again?

And our government is most certainly not innocent in it's treatment of people worldwide. From it's native population to country after country rights being trampled in the name of freedom(?), democracy (?), world peace (?), fair trade (?), or any other label the government wants to put on it.

Not to mention the abuses this country has heaped upon people outside of the Anglo-Saxon model of 'perfection'. Go back through US history and for many people the discrimination was not just people being mean to others such as how the Irish were treated from the mid-1800's and on, but were actual laws and policies of our government.

The Chinese, Mexicans, Japanese, African all had to endure unfair and biased laws and policies for many, many years.

It is one of the few times I agree with MTGOAT but his statement that you quoted was accurate and I would not be surprised (sadden and sickened most likely) that it is even worse then being reported.

Do you know how the ICE agents refer to Mexicans they have detained? As 'inventory', not people, not humans, not kids....INVENTORY .... disgusting.

And I watched the whole video and it did not refute anything that MTGOAT said, it only tried to justify or downplay the action of the agency.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 9-17-2018 at 02:30 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGuSdXiFtLk

I watched that video in horror, how that Jack-booted thug, US custom agent, turned the tables on, Brooke Baldwin, of CNN, who started off good, questioning the US agent thug, why they were so cruel and inhuman to crying immigrant kids, who got separated from their parents.

The US Custom Agent, , started bringing up BS tales of four year old children trekking 1000 miles to the US/Mexican border a alone, and very young girls given abortion pills, because the parents know she will be raped!

If the thug, wants to go there, why not bring up the fact, some young immigrant children are being sexually molested while in those inhuman cages that the FEDs put the children in? I though Brooke Baldwin, was better than that, but she just came off like another uninformed American white woman.

It's also such pure BS, to just say, why don't the immigrants from central America, claiming asylum just come through the point of entry, and do it the right way, and they won't be separated from their children.

For one thing ICE, is sometimes still separating parents from children at the points of entry. Do you think immigrant is going to trust the Trump/Session administration, new inhuman immigration policy that sets up all kinds of road blocks for immigrants?

It's all game playing really on both sides. What the US Thugs( custom officials) are sometimes doing, they don't even let the immigrants close to the check point or port of entry, before turning they away before the immigrant set foot on US soil. And even if an immigrant is lucky enough to get interviewed, they are almost always denied entry, called liars, and sent back, where they can't apply for something like five years.

The best thing an immigrant could do, is come over on a Visa, and then claim asylum. I think probably the next best thing to do, is jump the fence, swim the river, or over stay the Visa, and then claim asylum. This way the have time to find an immigration lawyer to help them stay in the US. It doesn't matter, if you claim asylum at the port of entry, or at a later date while you are in the US with or without papers.

The separating of parents from the children, and then losing track of the children, is beyond the pale, and another reason why we need to abolish ICE.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-17-2018 at 09:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Fatboy  

Are you a troll?

Surely you cannot be under the belief that because a government spokesperson says it (or in this case DOES NOT SAY IT), that it is true?

Does not history teach over and over again, that governments lie time and time again?

And our government is most certainly not innocent in it's treatment of people worldwide. From it's native population to country after country rights being trampled in the name of freedom(?), democracy (?), world peace (?), fair trade (?), or any other label the government wants to put on it.

Not to mention the abuses this country has heaped upon people outside of the Anglo-Saxon model of 'perfection'. Go back through US history and for many people the discrimination was not just people being mean to others such as how the Irish were treated from the mid-1800's and on, but were actual laws and policies of our government.

The Chinese, Mexicans, Japanese, African all had to endure unfair and biased laws and policies for many, many years.

It is one of the few times I agree with MTGOAT but his statement that you quoted was accurate and I would not be surprised (sadden and sickened most likely) that it is even worse then being reported.

Do you know how the ICE agents refer to Mexicans they have detained? As 'inventory', not people, not humans, not kids....INVENTORY .... disgusting.

And I watched the whole video and it did not refute anything that MTGOAT said, it only tried to justify or downplay the action of the agency.

Gscot is what I call an oblivious bigot. He realizes that his grandpa was a bigot who treated Japanese as less than human, but Gscott is oblivious and can’t see his own bigotry. His grandkids will one day wonder why grandpa Gscott was on the bandwagon of GOPers treating Latin American and middle eastern immigrants as less than human, while simultaneously discriminating against the their own minority du jour.
In the words of the orange-haired bigot in chief, “sad!”

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 9-19-2018 at 09:44 AM

This is crazy and just shows how dated, wrongheaded, and silly US Customs, and immigration services are in the US.

Really, US Customs, want to ban Canadians, who invest in marijuana related stocks from coming into the US, because they see it as facilitating the proliferation of the marijuana industry.

I could almost see US Customs, in the past banning Canadians who worked in the marijuana industry when it was illegal, but this is going to far to ban investors too! ( some marijuana stocks are going through the roof, because Canada,is going legal with recreational marijuana on Oct 17)

I own a Canadian marijuana stock, and a couple of US marijuana stocks, what are US Customs going to do with me, a US citizen?

Of course, some might say, JoeJustJoe, take it easy, the Custom officials, aren't going to ask marijuana related questions and ask to see your investment Portfolio? I would say to them are you sure? They already admit they will ask those type of questions if they smell marijuana, and there is always racial profiling US Customs, can legally use in some cases.

Stuff like this makes me ashamed of my Country, the USA.

Home Economy & Politics Canadian marijuana investors could face lifetime bans from entering U.S.

Canadians who invest in marijuana-related stocks, as well as those who use pot or work in the cannabis industry, could be banned from ever entering the U.S., according to a report Thursday.

While pot smokers and cannabis-industry workers have previously faced the prospect of lifetime travel bans, it may be news to investors that the risk extends to them as well.

read the rest here:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/canadian-marijuana-investo...

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2018 at 12:24 PM

You're busted and going to secondary. I bet Attorney General Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III has a list of everyone who has bought pot stocks and the border guards will know about it a second after you flash your RFID card at the reader.

Speaking of the Republican redneck from the Stars and Bars deep south, here he is:

"Good people don't smoke marijuana."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGx72wL4gx4

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
white whale
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2018 at 10:50 AM

Interesting but sad commentary even if sidetracked on a Baja forum.

I wonder if Bin Laden had as secondary motive to 9 11 was to try and help bankrupt the US with security measures that once in place would never be rescinded - you can never win rolling back security , it's always ...."this will make us less safe".
Reagan bankrupted the USSR with the arms and space race. And Putin is now trying to put the old country back together with some help from someone in Washington DC I think.

And you can bet 45 Orange, he is such a bootlicker, will never cut the Homeland security budget. You can count on the phrases - these are phenomenal people, the best, keeping us safe... so brave, so brave....believe me.

I thought this thread was heading into fake headline territory but it seems not. I found others too. I still think these agents - more the US ones that the marijuana story highlights - are quota jockeys. Just think about the old border agent, 4 days goes by he hasn't had a single hit of significance, fruit seizures doesn't count.
He's got to dig deeper, he wants to be recognized at the next team building event. Casual smokers without a record aren't going fall for this. So you have to trap someone that they can corroborate with the other databases they have access to. You have to be so general and generic with the questions they ask. I gotta wonder as well if the back office agents sift through news reports that have names attached and then proceed to flag the name to test the agents or outright flag the individual for a prearranged block to cross. And I guess one false statement you are screwed. Might be worthwhile to record the interaction with the agent for backup.

Have not yet crossed by land on that end but will someday.
Must be posts on what the mexican agents are like.

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.