Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Tecate aduana hours
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 9-7-2018 at 10:07 PM
Tecate aduana hours

I have only crossed into Baja via Tecate in the morning hours. Their web info indicates it is open 24 hours....if so, is it true I can pay for visa inside if the bank is closed?

Thanks in advance....

Don't believe everything you think....
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 9-7-2018 at 10:16 PM
TECATE

we cross around twice a month Tecate closes around 10:30 pm. and opens around 6:30am
Maderita
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2018 at 11:43 PM

The Tecate border hours are 5:00 AM to 11:00 PM, 7 days.
https://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports/tecate-class-california-25...
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-8-2018 at 05:56 AM

uh-0h youse guys is gonna get scolded! didn't answer his question about the banks....

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-8-2018 at 07:29 AM

Banks...
Ged, in my trip report from last month (Trip #8) I told how I asked the bank guy (in a booth, at the border, near the entrance to the building where INM has a desk, where you get the FMM forms).

I asked him what hours he was open, and he answered if he was closed then the INM officer inside could take the money.

Tecate border is NOT open 24/7... as stated above it closes at 11 pm and opens at 5 am. I sure wouldn't chance it close to those times, but INM is supposed to be open the same as the border gate.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 9-8-2018 at 09:39 AM

David, I was thinking of your post when I asked my question....and was surprised that one Google bit of info had the Mexican office open 24 hrs ....

Morning crossings always work best for me anyways :)

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Banks...
Ged, in my trip report from last month (Trip #8) I told how I asked the bank guy (in a booth, at the border, near the entrance to the building where INM has a desk, where you get the FMM forms).

I asked him what hours he was open, and he answered if he was closed then the INM officer inside could take the money.

Tecate border is NOT open 24/7... as stated above it closes at 11 pm and opens at 5 am. I sure wouldn't chance it close to those times, but INM is supposed to be open the same as the border gate.

Don't believe everything you think....
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 9-8-2018 at 10:11 AM
bank

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
uh-0h youse guys is gonna get scolded! didn't answer his question about the banks....

Sorry, but don't need Bank we are Permanent Residents.
carlosg
Senior Nomad

Mood: Just like in Baja: No Bad Days...

[*] posted on 9-8-2018 at 11:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
...I asked the bank guy (in a booth, at the border, near the entrance to the building where INM has a desk, where you get the FMM forms).

I was there last Tuesday to get our FMMs for our next trip: I paid at the booth with a Bancomer debit card (ATM) and asked if I could use an American Bank card: YES you can. Inside at the INM office you probably need cash.. beware of rate exchange: try yo have pesos with you to pay for FMM.

And as always, the officer at the INM office tried to peddle his sauce, machaca, pastries...etc, etc... I just told him all I had was my ATM.

The border OPENS 5:00am sharp: I have crossed at that time and it closes 11pm sharp.

[Edited on 9-8-2018 by carlosg]

...work to camp and fish.... dream to be there....

http://aquapropoolandspaservice.com/
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-8-2018 at 12:14 PM

I didn't get any sauce sales pitch... darn! I didn't even see any on display. I was there about 8:30 am on a weekday.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2018 at 01:30 PM

No one headed north thru this border today?

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2018 at 01:00 PM

I don't know about INM, but Aduana takes US credit cards right in the office.

"The future ain't what it used to be"

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.