Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Campo Archelon Update?
gringorio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2018 at 07:49 PM
Campo Archelon Update?

Hi everyone,

Just curious how Bety is doing and if she has kept Campo Archelon open after Antonio's passing?

If so, how is she doing? Does she have help?

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-11-2018 at 07:18 AM

Yes, Bety and her son has it going. Stayed there 2 years ago this month and stopped by last year. It is my favorite campo in the area.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2018 at 07:53 AM
Doing well

All was well there when we stayed twice in May and June -

Though we were told that a couple of the palapas might have to be torn down because they were built too close to the high tide line. Apparently there is some government entity in Bay of L.A. that is now concerned about such things. It didn't seem imminent.

We stayed in the southernmost palapas, like you have your own secluded spot - considering you are close to town.

John M

[Edited on 9-11-2018 by John M]
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 9-11-2018 at 04:07 PM

Antonio, Jr. (Tonio) was working as a host in a really nice winery in Guadalupe, studying wine making, when his dad died.
He graciously left the pursuit of his dream and returned to help Mom with the Campo.
We had visited him several years ago at the winery, and he reminded us so much of his Dad, so outgoing and personable.
Watching him dash around, filling pilas, dumping trash, heading off to town to get supplies, you would think Antonio had never left.
We were there during NBA finals and watched the W's dispose of the Cadavers in game 1 in their home. Really special people, and great friends as well.
(The year before I had watched the Daytona 500 in their home, so knew that the t.v. reception would be good for the game)
gringorio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2018 at 07:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
Antonio, Jr. (Tonio) was working as a host in a really nice winery in Guadalupe, studying wine making, when his dad died.
He graciously left the pursuit of his dream and returned to help Mom with the Campo.
We had visited him several years ago at the winery, and he reminded us so much of his Dad, so outgoing and personable.
Watching him dash around, filling pilas, dumping trash, heading off to town to get supplies, you would think Antonio had never left.
We were there during NBA finals and watched the W's dispose of the Cadavers in game 1 in their home. Really special people, and great friends as well.
(The year before I had watched the Daytona 500 in their home, so knew that the t.v. reception would be good for the game)

This breaks my heart in the best of ways. We played with the kiddos in the waves of the sea when we did the sea turtle research and when the captive tanks were alive and supporting sea turtles. Antonio and Bety managing everything while supporting the research and being the best hosts. My last trip there I accompanied Antonio on his errands, simple things like getting water and checking in with a friend. He helped me get a permit to visit the islands. I'm so happy to know his family continues on with the same giving attitude that he and Bety created.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.