Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 3 Tons Of Illegal Lobster And Turtle Meat Seized
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 9-12-2018 at 07:51 AM
3 Tons Of Illegal Lobster And Turtle Meat Seized

http://www.elvigia.net/general/2018/9/12/decomisa-sedena-ton...

A shipment of three tons of lobster and turtle meat, mostly with less than the minimum size of capture and closed, was confiscated by the Mexican Army in the military security post installed on the Transpeninsular highway, at the height of ejido The Ajusco.

The Ministry of National Defense (Sedena), announced that elements of the 67th Infantry Battalion based in San Quintín, assigned to the Second Military Zone, seized the sea product in coordination with authorities of the National Commission of Aquaculture and Fisheries (Conapesca ) of Ensenada.

Information dated on September 9, indicates that military personnel carried out the inspection of vehicles that traveled from south to north, through the military security post established for the Santo Tomás delegation.

When checking a van, type cooler, white, located on the back lobsters, which did not correspond to the measures allowed for transportation, which are closed, so Conapesca staff proceeded to draw up an administrative record.

Personnel secured 83 cardboard boxes containing the marine product with a total weight of 2 thousand 924.84 kilograms. There were 5 thousand 854 specimens, of which 5 thousand 224 are less than the minimum size of capture.

Also turtle meat
The military institution indicated in its bulletin, that the measure did not correspond to the provisions of the Official Mexican Standard (NOM) 006A-SAG / PESC-2016, as determined by an environmental expert of the Attorney General's Office (PGR), sub-delegation Cove.

They also confiscated six cardboard boxes, which contained sea turtle meat with a total weight of 202.96 kilograms, which is regulated by NOM 0059-semanart2010.

With all the insured sea product it is estimated that, if this product had arrived at the black market, it would yield a total amount of 1 million 579 thousand 413 pesos.

To conclude, the Sedena affirmed that this action reflects the commitment of the military personnel to carry out the missions entrusted to them in coordination with Conapesca personnel, which helps to keep the country in peace.

[Edited on 9-12-2018 by bajaguy]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2018 at 07:59 AM

So so sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong for poachers to be doing this.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 9-12-2018 at 08:07 AM

So so SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong for the incompetent PESCA agency to not have caught all this illegal taking, while the creatures still had a chance to live.

PESCA is completely and totally corrupt.

weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 9-12-2018 at 08:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
So so SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong for the incompetent PESCA agency to not have caught all this illegal taking, while the creatures still had a chance to live.

PESCA is completely and totally corrupt.

Mostly they're just inert.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
hermosok123
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2018 at 12:31 PM

Now come on! Just look at fine job of enforcement and marine species preservation in the Sea of Cortez. Guys are just workin their tales off. Not even.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2018 at 02:57 PM

We did a good job ourselves on several species here in North America. Maybe best not to point out the splinter in Mexico's eye, when we have a log in ours?

http://www.nhptv.org/natureworks/nwep16a.htm

And our abalone population is not really booming up here anymore, either.

John

[Edited on 9-12-2018 by John Harper]
hermosok123
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2018 at 03:30 PM

Annnd what did this post have to do with the US? Last I checked it was about Baja. Then again my must be confused as I don't live up there.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2018 at 03:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by hermosok123  
Annnd what did this post have to do with the US? Last I checked it was about Baja. Then again my must be confused as I don't live up there.

Looks like we are all US citizens commenting on, and criticizing a foreign country to me. Nothing confusing about that. Haven't seen many posts in Spanish, amigo.

John

[Edited on 9-12-2018 by John Harper]
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 9-12-2018 at 04:06 PM

PESCA is corrupt. A local official in Sta. R. is the go-to guy for lobster... any time, any season, and has it at his house parties all the time.

Mexico is corrupt, from the top down.

U.S.A. is corrupt, leasing off tons of 'newly acquired' public lands to energy companies (cronies).

So what's the point? Beat your fists in the sand and feel better for venting, that's about all anyone can do.

This is one instance of someone getting caught; imagine the volume or what doesn't. Sad, but it's the times we live in and it ain't gettin' any better, folks. Supply and demand rules, the capitalistic motto.

By the way, can ANYONE explain to me why conservatives aren't into conservation? :?:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

bajamedic
Nomad

Mood: Just waitin for baja

[*] posted on 9-12-2018 at 04:53 PM

By the way, can ANYONE explain to me why conservatives aren't into conservation?

Maybe to provide a balance to the radical conservationist? :D:D Sorry I just could not resist. JH
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2018 at 05:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by hermosok123  

Sit this one out son.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2018 at 06:31 PM

Wonder if there are any repercussions for anybody or was the load confiscated and case closed. What do you think?

Criminals operating with impunity is a huge part of high crime levels in Mexico.

But good work by the checkpoint guys. I hope they all got all the lobster they can eat as a bonus and an incentive to keep looking.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.