[*] posted on 9-26-2018 at 12:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ehall  

And then you burned the house down?

Gee, my thoughts exactly....:light:

Don't believe everything you think....
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2018 at 03:53 PM

I just ran into a guy at the CVS in Encinitas this afternoon 9/26. He had a K-38 sweatshirt on and I mentioned I stayed at K55 sometimes and had he heard about any cars being broken into.

He said he owned the restaurant at K38 and it was all a bunch of BS. I think he said his name was Guiles (?) and had a gold/brown Suburban IIRC. He did say he saw what was posted online and it was not true. IDK, just throwing it out there.

Kind of strange happenstance I ran into him.

John

[Edited on 9-26-2018 by John Harper]
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 9-26-2018 at 04:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
I just ran into a guy at the CVS in Encinitas this afternoon 9/26. He had a K-38 sweatshirt on and I mentioned I stayed at K55 sometimes and had he heard about any cars being broken into.

He said he owned the restaurant at K38 and it was all a bunch of BS. I think he said his name was Guiles (?) and had a gold/brown Suburban IIRC. He did say he saw what was posted online and it was not true. IDK, just throwing it out there.

I mentioned my roommate lives at Campo Lopez and maybe we'd see him sometime.

Kind of strange happenstance I ran into him.

John

[Edited on 9-26-2018 by John Harper]

Let's see, who would have a greater motive to be lying about all this? Two victims in this thread.............or a guy who owns a business right where it occurred?
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2018 at 04:38 PM

that would be Gilles Knafo, owner of baja Calypso, next door to the surfshop. who knows? but I don't doubt he would say that! :coolup:
wyatthurley55
Junior Nomad

Mood: Craving Pacifico

[*] posted on 9-27-2018 at 08:07 AM

I posted this topic to inform people of what happened to me and what I observed. I’m an avid Baja traveler and would never post anything like this unless I was 100% sure of what happened. You guys can take my experience and learn from it or just disregard it and most likely end up like me. The whole situation sucks big time.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2018 at 12:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wyatthurley55  
I posted this topic to inform people of what happened to me and what I observed. I’m an avid Baja traveler and would never post anything like this unless I was 100% sure of what happened. You guys can take my experience and learn from it or just disregard it and most likely end up like me. The whole situation sucks big time.

agreed.....but are you going to boycott Calypso, the Pig, the tienda, the pharmacy, the realtor, the taco stand, and the craft brewery because they share the same parking lot? the lesson here is (sadly) don't leave anything of value in your car, anywhere here.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 9-27-2018 at 05:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
JJJ denial post coming soon...............or he will blame the gringo surfers.

thank god he's still hell-bent on solving the LAbay murders ;)

Sorry, I have been busy watching the fireworks, at the confirming hearings, and I had no ideas, you guys wanted me to comment in this thread. So I don''t want to let Hook down.

Well, I sure don't leave my passports in my car, but instead make a copy of it, and leave it in the hotel rooms safe. . However, I understand if you're traveling, you might leave your passport in a backpack or car.

The theft story sounds legitimate, because cars being broken into happen everywhere, but I don't understand why people report this on a Baja forum, when if you had a car break in at home back in the states, you probably wouldn't report it, because you would get a big yawn.

That said, there are a few things in the OP's story I do question?

In the first post the OP admits, he followed the owner of the business for 20 minutes, and in the second, it was only a brief encounter. So which is it, 20 minutes, of badgering the owner, or just a few questions?

Ist post: " "After 20 minutes of arguing with him he told me to f*** off and leave."

2nd post: "And when I asked him what he meant he walked off, when I followed him and asked him again he told me to F*** off and never come back."

The other question I have, is the OP said, only his group, and another group of American, had their car broken into, but at the end of the alleged story, he then claims 10 other car windows were broken?

So which is it? Two American cars broken into, or 10 cars broken into, and how come the guard wasn't questioned?

1st quote: >"another group of Americans were in the store at the same time and there vehicle got broken into."

1st quote: "the only people that got broken into were the people that were in his store. The security guard was out front the entire time."
_____

2nd quote: "After looking around I noticed at least 10 other windows that were laying on the ground."

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-27-2018 at 05:22 PM

Lock this thread.

Chup
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2018 at 07:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
Lock this thread.

Por Favor....Dios Mio !!
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2018 at 08:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
Lock this thread.

Before this gets locked, I want to thank wyatthurley55 for the report. I`ve been known to park there, so now will do so with extra caution and heed the warning.

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-27-2018 at 10:06 PM

How many surfers does it take to screw in a light bulb?

:?:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2018 at 10:10 PM

[Edited on 9-28-2018 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 9-27-2018 at 10:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wyatthurley55  
thank you for posting this don't listen to the baja blow hards. This is one place to stay away from and the guy that said do you want your passports back. This place is a target for all to get ripped off.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 9-28-2018 at 06:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Sounds like k-38 surf shop is not a shop but a crime racket.
If the victims don’t tell the world about ripoffs on yelp and google reviews, the criminal enterprise will continue.

According to most of the reviews, this is a great place, and the prices are reasonable. The owner has positive reviews too.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2018 at 06:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Sounds like k-38 surf shop is not a shop but a crime racket.
If the victims don’t tell the world about ripoffs on yelp and google reviews, the criminal enterprise will continue.

According to most of the reviews, this is a great place, and the prices are reasonable. The owner has positive reviews too.

I don’t trust online reviews. I mean, who writes reviews? Many are fake. The average review writer is just that, average. I think I have higher standards than the average reviewer. I certainly know that yelp reviewers sure got poor taste in food!

The stories presented here sound legitimate. Theft racket apparently has been going on in the parking lot. But these things come and go, perhaps the racket has moved on to the next soft target, eh?

Woke!

wyatthurley55
Junior Nomad

Mood: Craving Pacifico

[*] posted on 9-28-2018 at 09:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
JJJ denial post coming soon...............or he will blame the gringo surfers.

thank god he's still hell-bent on solving the LAbay murders ;)

Sorry, I have been busy watching the fireworks, at the confirming hearings, and I had no ideas, you guys wanted me to comment in this thread. So I don''t want to let Hook down.

Well, I sure don't leave my passports in my car, but instead make a copy of it, and leave it in the hotel rooms safe. . However, I understand if you're traveling, you might leave your passport in a backpack or car.

The theft story sounds legitimate, because cars being broken into happen everywhere, but I don't understand why people report this on a Baja forum, when if you had a car break in at home back in the states, you probably wouldn't report it, because you would get a big yawn.

That said, there are a few things in the OP's story I do question?

In the first post the OP admits, he followed the owner of the business for 20 minutes, and in the second, it was only a brief encounter. So which is it, 20 minutes, of badgering the owner, or just a few questions?

Ist post: " "After 20 minutes of arguing with him he told me to f*** off and leave."

2nd post: "And when I asked him what he meant he walked off, when I followed him and asked him again he told me to F*** off and never come back."

The other question I have, is the OP said, only his group, and another group of American, had their car broken into, but at the end of the alleged story, he then claims 10 other car windows were broken?

So which is it? Two American cars broken into, or 10 cars broken into, and how come the guard wasn't questioned?

1st quote: >"another group of Americans were in the store at the same time and there vehicle got broken into."

1st quote: "the only people that got broken into were the people that were in his store. The security guard was out front the entire time."
_____

2nd quote: "After looking around I noticed at least 10 other windows that were laying on the ground."

Two American vehicles got broken into at the same time (one being mine, and one being a couple of surfers Jeep). After looking around I noticed 8-10 other broken windows laying on the ground in the parking lot. If I were paying attention I wouldn’t have parked there, but I was too comfortable with the situation and let my guard down. I’m an Offroad guy and go to Baja for the races and do ride my Dirtbike. Just so happened to be a score race in rosarito so that’s why I was there, but next year they switched the race to Ensenada so I won’t be going back to K38 pretty much ever. None of my Baja Crew will be either. I was with the owner for at least 20 minutes and that’s when it got kinda nutty. The police showed up, we got a police report and then bailed. Didn’t know I would get interrogated for trying to help out other Baja travelers from getting their stuff jacked.

[Edited on 9-28-2018 by wyatthurley55]
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 9-28-2018 at 10:44 AM

I never understood anybody and that includes people in the peanut gallery, getting upset over questions of an OP's allegations, especially if their allegation is trying to hurt somebody's business by calling for a boycott.

I believe something happened to Wyatthurley, and company, but things like 10 broken car windows in the parking lot sound overexaggerated.

There could have been legitimate reasons, why the owner k-38 surf shop, thought he could get the passports back,unless he was asking for a bribe in order to get the passports back. Did he? The only thing we know was that Wyatthurley, was in the owner's face for 20 minutes, about the passport thefts, and he never bothered to ask the security guard what he saw.

I never been to the K-38 surf shop, but the taco stand, hotel, and that area of the ocean, sound fabulous according to all the reviews, and I will be sure to stop by for at least a taco, and beer next time I'm in town.

Outside the K-38 surf shop, has "Trump don't surf" painted on the window. I'm sure some Trump, fans, don't like that, if it's still painted on the window.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-29-2018 at 07:40 PM

Charlie don’t surf!

BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Closed
10-1-2018 at 11:05 AM
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.