Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: E32 on iPhone is out
TacoFeliz
Nomad

Mood: Exploratory

[*] posted on 9-25-2018 at 05:26 PM
E32 on iPhone is out

In case you have been following the progress of the E32 topo maps app for iPhone, it is available now. Great maps, powerful app features, not too expensive. Looks like a winner.

E32screen.png - 206kB
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2018 at 05:44 PM

Might have to have a look at this.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2018 at 06:12 PM

I have e32 on my Garmin and think its great. They have great Copper Canyon routes and of course baja galore.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2018 at 06:46 PM

I have them on my Garmin as well and really like them, they show a lot of roads, worth the money. I mostly use my phone but the Garmin is a good back up with E32 maps for the phone.
C205Driver
Nomad

Mood: Life is Good

[*] posted on 9-26-2018 at 08:09 AM

What's the app cost for an iPhone?
Chup
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2018 at 08:17 AM
E32 Iphone

Yeah - this is a great resource. Used it as my main map for baja for several years. There website doesn't show it, but go to Apple App Store. But 1200pesos? :?:

Maybe need to see if I can leverage other license to phone app.

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 9-26-2018 at 08:46 AM

Just downloaded the free trial and the satellite picture is at least 5 years old. My house does not show up on it but the walls and my bodega does show and dates it around 5 years ago.

Maybe I am not using it correctly?

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

ocshredder

[*] posted on 9-27-2018 at 07:54 AM

Two questions.....I'd will specifically buy this app for the north road from San Ignacio to San Juanico, however in their thumbnails it seems they have skipped this area, also I Can not find the cost of this app..............??? Seems shady now that the app store is hiding pricing .
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2018 at 12:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ocshredder  
Two questions.....I'd will specifically buy this app for the north road from San Ignacio to San Juanico, however in their thumbnails it seems they have skipped this area, also I Can not find the cost of this app..............??? Seems shady now that the app store is hiding pricing .

I show that area on my garmin with basecamp and e32 maps. I would call e32 maps at 1 52 333 628 5965 and ask for Alvaro Valdivia. Great customer service and excelent english if needed.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2018 at 01:55 PM

Looked at it a bit. Back Country Navigator is better. It's the king of offroad gps apps.

[Edited on 9-28-2018 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Chup
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2018 at 02:29 PM
Price

Quote: Originally posted by ocshredder  

After download from App store, you need to register. Once that is done, they ask you for $1200 pesos (~$65). That's a lot of dough for an App.
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2018 at 03:40 PM

My knee-jerk reaction was "awesome," but when I started doing homework, I realized that I have the same or better app, for a third of the cost. I've been using Gaia GPS for several years at remote places in Baja, and I'm very happy with its ease-of-use and features. No need to move on.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.