Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Punta Chivato Road 9/26/18
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2018 at 05:52 AM
Punta Chivato Road 9/26/18

Good Morning all. Just got home yesterday afternoon. Hwy 1 is in good condition with only a few rough spots. The Punta Chivato road is in the best condition ever! Even the estuary section is mostly smooth with only one water trap just on the beach side of the estuary that will dry up soon and easy to get around. The military stop at San Ignacio was my only extensive check point. The guy doing the check was really big on drug search even offered to sell me some marijuana when I said I had a heart condition and couldn't use drugs. He said marijuana would be good for the heart and I asked he had any for sale. He went thru all the boxes and was asking how much things cost and would I sell it to him. Finally I gave him an old backpack and the search ended.
Great to be home!

[Edited on 9-26-2018 by Russ]

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2018 at 05:59 AM

temp outside is 76ยบ & 90% humidity

DouglasP
Nomad

Mood: Goat hunter.

[*] posted on 9-26-2018 at 06:09 AM

Glad your trip down was smooth! So the storm that came through didn't drop enough to wash out the road, good to hear. Pam and I are bringing a load of stuff down to El Lugar in about 3 weeks, can't wait! Let us know if you need anything brought down.
How's about a moonrise shot this evening?

I like beer, better than most people.
DouglasP
Nomad

Mood: Goat hunter.

[*] posted on 9-26-2018 at 09:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bob and Susan  

you should buy a bimini top for your new boat while you are "up there"...there's not a "bimini top store" down here

Actually, I didn't buy Russ's boat. I was a bit late on the draw. :(
Thanks for the advice though!

I like beer, better than most people.
PamelaP

Mood: Better in Baja! With wine of course!

[*] posted on 9-26-2018 at 09:59 AM
Anything?

Hey Russ! Really if you need anything let us know! Also, can you check with Keechi (sp) and ask if he needs anything? See you not soon enough!:bounce:
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 9-26-2018 at 11:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Russ  
The military stop at San Ignacio was my only extensive check point. The guy doing the check was really big on drug search even offered to sell me some marijuana when I said I had a heart condition and couldn't use drugs. He said marijuana would be good for the heart and I asked he had any for sale. He went thru all the boxes and was asking how much things cost and would I sell it to him. Finally I gave him an old backpack and the search ended.
Great to be home!

[Edited on 9-26-2018 by Russ]

Russ,
Did the backpack stop the search and the transaction offer?

Pot increases blood pressure...at least shortly after consumption:

" Studies suggest shortly after consumption, occasional users will experience a mild to moderate dose-dependent increase in blood pressure and heart rate, followed by a modest hypotensive effect (a decrease in blood pressure). The onset of peak effects like elevated heart rate and blood pressure occur within 10 to 15 minutes after consumption.

Users can develop a tolerance to the initial effects over a period of a few days to weeks, and repeated use has been associated with lowered heart rate and blood pressure immediately following consumption. Anecdotally, many people report that cannabis helps them maintain healthy blood pressure levels, an effect supported by research studies."

Interesting that military checkpoints are now offering medical advice. :biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2018 at 12:58 PM

Yes, As soon as they realized it was a gift they stopped. The guy with the clip board was having a lot of trouble just coping my info from my license and was asking me a lot of questions that were on the license. I think he was trying to get my attention from the guy doing the search.These two just set off the red flag for me and I wasn't going to take my eyes off the guy going thru my car.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-26-2018 at 05:17 PM

I am glad you are back in your happy place Russ!

Seriously, the San Ignacio checkpoint staff needs a major spanking for harassing us old gringos. They are only going to hurt the people of Baja by scaring away newbies or those less tolerant than you or I.

My marijuana incident there was in July 2015... so at least 3 years now.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 9-26-2018 at 05:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Russ  

Yes, .......and I wasn't going to take my eyes off the guy going thru my car.

Hedz up !:coolup:

Don't believe everything you think....
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 9-29-2018 at 08:57 AM

Charlie and I head down in two weeks. Thanks for the road update, it was in really good shape in June, too. Send me a U2U if anyone needs anything (new poker cards perhaps?)

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.