Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hotel recommendation in Guerrero Negro
LAKingsFan

Mood: Cazadores y un puro!

[*] posted on 10-7-2018 at 12:26 PM
Hotel recommendation in Guerrero Negro

Looking for a clean place to spend a night on the way to Loreto. Before discovering this board I tentatively booked in The Halfway Inn. Is it decent and is there a better place I should look at?

Thanks!
Chris
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 10-7-2018 at 12:52 PM

I highly recommend Terra Sal if it's just a matter of spending the night and taking off the next day. It's just on the right after you take the turn off from the highway. Safe, clean and very reasonable. "You can't miss it"

https://paginas.seccionamarilla.com.mx/hotel-terrasal/hotele...

[Edited on 10-7-2018 by Howard]

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

Meany
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2018 at 01:27 PM

I agree with Howard. But to really experience Guerrero Negro stay at the

Mallarrimo. A Old but fun spot.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-7-2018 at 01:42 PM
Just one L

Malarrimo
www.malarrimo.com/en
http://www.malarrimo.com/en/facilities/motel

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 10-7-2018 at 02:45 PM

This is not a mutual admiration society post but I do agree with Meany. If you want more than to spend a quick night and not leave early the next morning stay at Malarrimo's. I have stayed there many times, mostly in my RV and have finally weaned myself off of the place.

Nothing really special about the place but it is not as sterile as Terra Sal and as stated, a little more of a Mexican feel to the place.

George Bernard Shaw

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-7-2018 at 02:57 PM

Do not eat at terra sal. Malarrimo is great restaurant. Also are other good choices in town. Terra sal is mediocre to bad food, just a big disappointment!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Howard
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2018 at 03:06 PM

Jeez. I must of accidently took a happy pill this morning because I now agree with the Goat. I still say to stay at Terra Sal for an in and out of G.N. but do eat at Malarrimo and if you like scallops, get the scallops in butter and garlic.

I'm done agreeing with people today and I will go back to being grumpy.

George Bernard Shaw

mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2018 at 03:13 PM

We have stayed at Terra Sal probably a dozen times, Never had a bad meal but guess it may be what your taste is or what you order.
Mallarimo restaruant is good... Also if you have a pet we understand you can't stay there,,, anyway in the motel. never had a problem in the rv area ..
Terra Sal is easy in and out and nice rooms. Halfway Inn we have stayed a couple of times and it was ok. but not great ok.. You used to have to go to the corner of the lobby to get a smidge of internet.
If you can go a little further to Vizcaino on the right going south is Hotel Kadakamen midway thru town, also pretty nice place...

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2018 at 07:50 PM

"...to spend a night on the way to Loreto".

I don't think it matters much, in this case. Toss a coin. Halway, Terrasal, Malarrimo. I would also add Caracoles, Cowboy and half a dozen others. Wherever you will stay, there will be max 10 minutes walk or half a mile drive to some restaurant if there isn't one in a hotel. Don't know if there is any hotel in GN that is not safe.

Malarrimo place is nothing special. RV park surrounded by concrete walls, packed with RVs, with restaurant in the middle and hotel on the side. Out of curiosity asked about rooms prices and was unpleasantly surprised since it looked bleak and worn out on the outside. Normally I would expect (5 years ago) $20 for a place like this, not upper 30s. The restaurant looked decent - didn't eat there because had my own "kitchen on the wheels". It could be the popularity of restaurant boosting hotel and RV park into this orbit, because both hotel and RV park looked basic (and RV park "is" basic).

[Edited on 10-8-2018 by Alm]
chumlee57
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2018 at 08:21 PM

The beds at Terra Sal are new and pretty comfortable, Malarrimo is rustic and Old school great, although the resturant has gone through some changes over the years, i ate there last year and it was very good. As stated, Terra Sal food is not anything to write home about, but if your with some new people to Mexico, they may like the hospitality a bit better, if ur a hardcore baja traveler, the Malarrimo is just fine. There are many places to stay in GN, and most are comfortable. The hotel Kadakamen in Viscaino is also a good stop, but don't get the rooms that are reserved for midgets
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2018 at 05:48 AM

Definitely stay at Malarrimo at least once! Precisely so you can later say....I stayed there. We love the restaurant there and although everyone comes to Baja for seafood, their filet mignon with mushroom sauce is REALLY delicious. Of all the times we ate this dish there - we were only disappointed once.

From this time on, for sure stay at Terra Sal since it is new and clean, safe and close to the highway. We were not impressed with the food at all, but it is passable, especially when you are exhausted.

Have a safe and fun trip!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 10-8-2018 at 08:59 AM

At Malarrimo last Nov 12 we had a room to the left near the parking lot. We were kept up most of the night by very loud noises (I will not call that garbage music) coming from a bar across the street. The night guard told me he tries to get the police to quiet them down but they just don't care one way or the other. If the bar is still in business I will go elsewhere.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2018 at 07:11 PM

wow, I wonder if that is every night?

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 10-8-2018 at 07:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Marc  
At Malarrimo last Nov 12 we had a room to the left near the parking lot. We were kept up most of the night by very loud noises (I will not call that garbage music) coming from a bar across the street. The night guard told me he tries to get the police to quiet them down but they just don't care one way or the other. If the bar is still in business I will go elsewhere.

lol
11.12.2017 or 12.11.2017
Known internationally as The season of the Witch.
You're safe now.
;D

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
Whiskey Witch
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2018 at 08:08 PM
q

we didn't care for Halfway Inn because you cannot park next to your room, as you can at other properties. TerreSal is fine. We like the restaurant/coffee shop next to Caracol and have had a couple nice dinners at Don Gus.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2018 at 06:46 PM

Welcome whiskey witch! You are right, it just feels better when you can park next to your room. Especially if you aren't unloading all your stuff.

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.