Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Re North of Loreto Development
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2005 at 01:47 PM
Re North of Loreto Development

Regarding the Development North of Loreto. It is not Coastal Azul. It is a couple of miles futher North built on a low Spot near the Beach on the site of an Old Dump. It is surrronded by a Nice Fence, each lot looks to be about 2 Acres, Each has a large Generator and Water Tank which is supplied by a Water Truck. I am not sure who is behind this Development but it is being done right as far as the Water.
To the Person who went me an u2u, please resend as I hit the Delete button and could not get it back to respond. thanks Skeet/Loreto
MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2005 at 01:55 PM
Costa Loreto

Skeet, is this it:

http://www.costaloreto.com/

Ted

Worldtraveller
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2005 at 02:39 PM

I'm having trouble getting some of the costaloreto web pages to open. Looks interesting, but would like to know what type of history the developer has with other Baja properties. Anyone know?
Juan
Junior Nomad

Mood: Life is good.

[*] posted on 3-13-2005 at 11:16 AM
Costa Loreto info

The website lists Augustin Salvot as the contact person and the planned marina is titled Port Salvot.

Skeet can give us more information on Sr. Salvot. He is also selling the granneries just north of town, Los Trojoes (wrong spelling).
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2005 at 01:16 PM
Juan

I have known Salvot since his arrival in Loreto. He built a Bar with a seating place very near the High Tide about a block South from Rancho sonrisa. One day I came in and could not get to my Place due to the High Tide Line and Center block Wall meeting. I went down the next day and Talked to Agustin, he had the Wall removed. Now I understand that he, and others have a "Beach concession where by no trucks are allowed on the Beach.I like the looks of the Development about 2 miles North, I would check into the title very closly if I was to buy anything that might be controlled at a later date by the Ejido.

Skeet/Loreto
CasaManzana
Nomad

Mood: Naykid

[*] posted on 3-14-2005 at 08:46 PM
Is this place the same as whats known as San Bruno?

I've wanted to buy in this area forever. We camped on a beach known as San Bruno and later heard it was going up for sale....duh...as it all is. The turn-in to the beach was at K 27 as I recall (or maybe 17). Is this the development of which is referenced here?
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2005 at 09:45 AM
No!

San Bruno is another 12 miles North and must be reached by road {KM 27} or by boat from Loreto.
there is another road just North which goes into the Location of the Lare building put up by the "Fabains".

Salvots Coastal Azul is located just a couple of Hundred Yards North of my old Rancho Sonrisa, His other development is another few Miles Past the Cathouse.

San Bruno has had several proposed Developments with a golf Course and Airport. I do not know if this is Active at this Time.

If I was looking for Peace and Isolation I would go back to San Nicholas, lease a Spot from the Ejido, build a Palapa, and go fishing everyday at Del Elfonso Island.
Skeet/Loreto
elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2005 at 09:55 AM

Worldtraveller

There are a number of places being discussed here, but if you are interested in Costa Loreto, contact Alexander Ogilvie who sells the properties there. His e-mail addresses are realtybaja@yahoo.com or realtybaja@prodigy.net.mx.

We looked at lots there about 3 years ago and decided it was not for us, but here's my opinion of the good, bad, and neutral:

Good: Arguably the best beach in the immediate Loreto area; walking distance to town; beautifully designed and maintained homes.

Bad: A NorthAmerican enclave mostly deserted (we walked through about a year ago) because of part time/vacation homes; cost which has gone up unbelievably over the last three years; all water front lots are sold but some are possibly in a resale mode.
Neutral: The infrastructure on the website is not in place and may never be...I think this is good, others think it's bad; long walk to town.

It is Augustin Salvat who is the developer.

Anyway, if that is a place that interests you, talk to Alexander.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2005 at 10:19 AM
Elizabeth

I was originally discussing the Walled in Property about 2 Miles North, there were only a couple of Houses with large Lots and Each had a Gate,just inside the Gate was a Large black Water Tank, Pump, and Generator.

I did not realize that Alex. was back with Augustin.
Alex has handled all of my property Sales through Miguel in la Pas and is just now completing my final Lot Sale. I would recommend him anytime.

Skeet/Loreto
Worldtraveller
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2005 at 04:55 PM

Elizabeth,

Many thanks for the info. Looks interesting. I'm going to give it serious thought. I'm gaining confidence that Loreto is heading toward a period of sensible growth with a good balance between opportunities for gringos & for locals.:moon:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.