2 fresh eggs

Salsa Rojo (Salsa Rojo )
Salsa Verde (Salsa Verde )

grated cheese

Garnish:

avocado slices
tomato slices
fresh cilantro

Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet and very lightly fry the tortillas. Do not let the tortilla get crisp, only soften them. (like for making enchiladas) Line a small individual oven proof serving dish with the softened tortillas. Lightly fry 2 eggs, sunny side up and place on top of the tortillas in the dish. Top with a stripe of red and a stripe of green salsa and sprinkle lightly with grated cheese of choice. Put into a 400` oven just until the cheese has melted. Garnish with a slice or two of avocado and tomato and a sprig of cilantro.

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2005 at 04:04 PM
bean it up

Sounds good. We like to plop a big spoonfull of refried pinto or black beans on the tortilla first, then do exactly what u do.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 3-13-2005 at 04:13 PM
huevos ranchero

Jessie

If I went to a restaurant in mexico and ordered huevos Ranchero & they were made to that recipe I would never go back, they should be made with fresh tomatoes, onions, chiles etc nuf said!!!!

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2005 at 05:15 PM
Huevos by any name

I almost thought that you were giving a recipe for huevos divorciado. I have never seen both red and green salsa on anything else. The difference being only red salsa on one huevo and only green salsa on the other huevo.
I do agree with comitan that all the ingrediants in any salsa should be fresh. I love going into a restaurant and ordering huevos ranchero and seeing the cook chopping up all the onions, chiles and tomatoes to make the salsa.
If any of you ever read any of Mike McMahan's books, you will recall that he poaches the eggs in the ranchero sauce
I am certainly not putting your recipe down, Jesse, as reading it made me hungry.

Cyndarouh
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2005 at 06:43 PM

Jesse, Your reciepe sounds good. I love the combo for both slasa's. People it all depends on what part, of Mexico your eating in. A lot of the inland villages serve the beans on the side.

[Edited on 3-14-2005 by Cyndarouh]
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2005 at 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
Jessie

If I went to a restaurant in mexico and ordered huevos Ranchero & they were made to that recipe I would never go back, they should be made with fresh tomatoes, onions, chiles etc nuf said!!!!

I understand what you are saying, but trust me, the home made version of Huevos Rancheros is very simple, and not as fancy as in restaurantes.

Mom only used salsa to make them, if i ask her to add cilantro and tomatos she would ahevt old me to make my own breakfast then.;)
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 3-14-2005 at 08:27 PM
huevos ranchero

Well jessie there are times I have to add on the bottled stuff, never had the avacado but sounds good, always end up adding the refried beans and mixing it all up, really good. By the way after coming down here 23 years I have never ordered anything for breakfast but Huevos Ranchero.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2005 at 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
Well jessie there are times I have to add on the bottled stuff, never had the avacado but sounds good, always end up adding the refried beans and mixing it all up, really good. By the way after coming down here 23 years I have never ordered anything for breakfast but Huevos Ranchero.

You should try Chilaquiles with Huevo.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.