Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: "Two Thirds of all non-US citizens are on welfare"
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 12:54 PM

Nice try DaliDali, as usual, but nobody called anybody a liar, John, and myself, talked about the industry standard in real estate development, not anybody personal standards. ( I purposely did this so no one could claim, not me....I only hire Americans or lawful immigrants)

Paranewbi, pretty much said in the 70's, construction work was dominated by Mexicans, and I'm pretty sure he meant undocumented workers.

So don't try to deny the obvious DaliDali about Real Estate, and construction dominated by Hispanic workers. Thank God, there are other industries someone could work at with a low unemployment rate in the US.

DaliDali wrote: "come one, come all immigrant workers, the hungry, tired, wanting a better life, a slice of America,"

That kinda sounds like what's written on the statue of liberty, and what made America, a great country and great melting pot. Do you have a problem with it DaliDali?

“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free." ( great words, although back then European immigrants were attacked too by American nativists in America. )

DaliDali, do you have any Alex Jones, "Infowars" articles/links to post? If I had a choice between "CIS" and "Inforwars," I would choose CIS.

[Edited on 12-6-2018 by JoeJustJoe]

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 02:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

DaliDali wrote: "come one, come all immigrant workers, the hungry, tired, wanting a better life, a slice of America,"

That kinda sounds like what's written on the statue of liberty, and what made America, a great country and great melting pot. Do you have a problem with it DaliDali?

“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free." ( great words, although back then European immigrants were attacked too by American nativists in America. )

DaliDali, do you have any Alex Jones, "Infowars" articles/links to post? If I had a choice between "CIS" and "Inforwars," I would choose CIS.

[Edited on 12-6-2018 by JoeJustJoe]

It's not in the 1800's anymore Joe, when a young America was in a big growth spurt that needed immigrants to spread and populate the hinterlands.
And those immigrants had to go thru the established POE's and the requirements to be granted entry didn't they?

These early immigrants did not just jump ship off New York and hit the countryside running did they Joe?

The USA has allowed in 47 million immigrants as of 2015, or 19% of immigrants worldwide.....
So the tired and poor message still remains....just do it legally.

In there here and now, there are quotas on how many foreign workers are allowed to immigrate for work activities, and for obvious, reasons since some Arabs decided to blow things up.

Any others who ignore this and go on to jump the fence are doing so contrary to the law of the land. Precisely what an anarchist wants......disobiedience to established rules and laws.

I don't even know who Alex Jones is Joe...yet you continue to place me in his realm of influence.....what's up with that?

Stay out of the weeds Joe.....you'll be ok.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 04:27 PM

American Agribusiness would shut down without undocumented workers.

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 04:49 PM

It's not very often I hear of ICE picking up undocumented aliens. I can only remember two cases this year. One was when ICE was chasing a man and wife and they died when their car crashed. Turns out the man wasn't the guy they were after. The man and wife were illegal but ICE was after another man. Another was a student at Bakersfield College. His friends and the college got him a lawyer and he's back in school pending a review by the courts. I'm sure there are others but it's just not something happening on a daily basis, around here anyway. Maybe ICE picks people up and it doesn't get reported to the media.

Our house cleaners and our gardener are Hispanics but I don't know if they are legal or not, never asked them. I do know they go to Mexico on a regular basis to visit family so I assume they are legal.

[Edited on 12-6-2018 by TMW]
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 05:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
American Agribusiness would shut down without undocumented workers.

Bullchit. I live in the middle of agriculture and it is alive and well without undocumented workers. I personally know a few plant managers and they are very thorough in their background checks on immigration status.

Making America Great Again
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 05:17 PM

Take the jobs Americans won't do.

Now just why the hell not?

Put down the bong and turnoff the PacMan game and get your hiney out the door and come back with your neck sunburned and dirt under your nails or go live with your other doper pals.

Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 06:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  

But there are narrow exceptions.

Pregnant women and nursing mothers could be eligible for certain benefits under the Women-Infants-Children (WIC) program, which provides food and nutrition vouchers to low-income families, if they have a child that was born in the U.S.

...and refugee claimants aka asylum seekers?

Not sure about the US but in Canada anybody who has crossed the border and claimed - either at the border or at the inland office - that he was fleeing from some danger, is given a "kind of" status of refugee claimant. He is illegal, but "kind of" temporary documented - by the govt. Usual pretext is a persecution for reasons of race, nationality, sex (or sexual preference), religion, political affiliation, or by organized crime groups. Then he has to prove his case before the refugee board, this takes several months, meanwhile he is getting welfare and Medicare. Basically, they need to believe his story, often without documents since somebody fleeing from real danger can't always gather all the documentary evidence.

If he loses, he is "asked" to leave the country, and if he refuses to leave - he is deported, if they can find him. Total cost to taxpayers is about USD 40K per head. If he wins and granted residency, it's still 40K. The numbers have been released recently, and it kind of dawned on our govt idiots. Many of those jumping the Tijuana fence will end up in Canada, btw.
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 12-8-2018 at 08:10 AM

This is an older book, read it for cultural anthropology decades ago, however, it is a good read looking into the lives of agricultural workers who migrate back and forth to work in the fields. Believe it or not, many Mexicans who come here to work don't want to actually live here. They find it a terrible place to raise their families.

https://www.amazon.com/Shadowed-Lives-Undocumented-Immigrant...
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
12-8-2018 at 11:42 AM
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2018 at 01:15 PM

Of the many Mexican families that don't want to live here is it because of the environment as their kids grow up. Like gangs, language, drugs etc. I think it would be difficult for the older people if the kids and later the grandkids speak mostly English and not so much Spanish.
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 12-9-2018 at 01:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
Of the many Mexican families that don't want to live here is it because of the environment as their kids grow up. Like gangs, language, drugs etc. I think it would be difficult for the older people if the kids and later the grandkids speak mostly English and not so much Spanish.

Absolutely! They view our culture as un-wholesome, not good for family and children. One thing I love about Mexico is the attachment to their cultural music, not the international pop music you hear everywhere else.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 12-9-2018 at 04:26 PM

I would disagree with these two posters.

First off Mexican families are as varied as American families, and one size doesn't fit all.

Some immigrants I talk to and the key word is 'some" find the US boring, especially the suburbs if they are use to city living with lot of restaurants bars, and lots of things do to in the city. In the suburbs, many houses look alike and there is either a McDonald's or Jack-in-Box, on every corner block.

They don't like working 50 hours a week, but they love the money, and dream of making lots of money and eventually moving back home with a nest egg.

I don't think older Mexicans have problems with the kids speaking English, and if they kids are around the older Spanish speaking family members, that's good, because they will probably pick up the language very easily.

Usually the the 3rd generation, the American assimilation, of Mexicans is complete, they speak mostly English, watch football, and listen to American music, and that's the way it has always been, although one of the favorite criticisms of any foreigner is, " they don't assimilate?'

However, things may change, because what I notice in almost pure Hispanic or Asian neighborhoods In LA is the people in those neighborhoods continue to hold onto their culture and language longer than in more mixed neighborhoods, and even the young people prefer to speak in their native languages

Oh well, there is nothing in the US Constitution, that says you have to speak English.

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
Quote: Originally posted by TMW  

Absolutely! They view our culture as un-wholesome, not good for family and children. One thing I love about Mexico is the attachment to their cultural music, not the international pop music you hear everywhere else.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 12-9-2018 at 07:10 PM
Societal Differences

Among the many reasons why those from Mexico might find living in U.S. cities problematic are the regulations limiting the parking of vehicles (especially dead ones) in front yards.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.