Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: El Triunfo's Ruta de Plata Museum is open
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-3-2019 at 12:37 AM

Harald, thanks for review. Bummer you found it so different than windgrrl.
Did you take photos?
So there were missions shown in some manner? The mission in Mulegé is named Santa Rosalia and the French used it to name their town in the 1880s.
Did you see my books for sale there?
Again, thanks for your input. I hope others will review it too and see if things improve. Let's help them improve it!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 2-3-2019 at 08:40 AM

no photos allowed - big sign with crossed out camera

did not see any books for sale (might be hidden in the entrance souvenir shop)
it is not clear that you are at the museum's cashier when you enter that jewelry/gift shop. A girl then hits you up for $100 (the price for foreigners)
no options offered

No pricing chart with options for students, locals or seniors on display either

yes, there was an interactive mission display on one wall
nice an big - but with very rudimentary information
the Camino Real was a wild line scribbled across Baja
one should not find a misplaced Mission in a museum focussed on history

Harald Pietschmann
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2019 at 11:38 AM

Exactly! I will bring this to the attention of the man who has done so much to make this a reality. Thank you, Harald.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2019 at 09:30 AM
Instant response from the museum people!

Hoping to make the museum as best as possible, I forwarded the good and bad reviews to my friend Richard who is on the board for the museum...

I met Richard last year after he reached out to me after he read my Real de Santa Ana article on Baja Bound and asked if they could sell my mission book at the museum.

Here is Richard's email from last night (I sent a copy to Harald):

David,
I wanted to thank you for your email as well as passing on your reader’s feedback (positive and negative).

For your reader, Harald, with the negative feedback, I wanted to extend my apology for the error in the missions map. I checked and Harald was absolutely correct. The regions exhibit lists a mission for Santa Rosalia and eliminate the mission at Mulegé... You should know that for this exhibit your book was referenced. A full list of the missions was sent to our media design group for the production of this exhibit. We also reviewed these panels prior to final production, however, we did not catch these errors. I want you to know, however, that pride ourselves in accuracy and we will make every effort to have these errors corrected as soon as possible. I’ve already put in a request to have these errors fixed. I’ll send you the corrected panels when they are ready for your reference.

Regarding the sale of your book, I was just in El Triunfo on Thursday and saw your book on display in the book section.

Finally, regarding Harald’s other comments/observations, I do take issue with his comments about the lack of maps for the Ruta de Plata (there are several maps in the museum that highlight key routes). Also, the description of Real de Santa Ana is very detailed and is as in depth as what is highlighted in your blog. That said, it is worth noting that the content is spread out over several pages of the “People & Culture” Discovery display and not all condensed in one panel. After all, in design a museum one needs to balance the amount of text presented for visitors especially as the exhibits are dual language.

As for the service at the Bar Minero, I will be passing along the feedback to our General Manager. If you can pass along my contact information to Harald I would like to invite him back for a courtesy visit after the corrections have been made on the Regions Exhibit. Hopefully, then he’ll have a more positive experience. I look forward to staying in touch. Kind Regards,
Richard

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 2-4-2019 at 10:54 AM

thanks David!

Harald Pietschmann
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.