Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Playoffs
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 12:51 PM

The Saints could cry all they want, but the Rams are still going to the Super Bowl.

The Saints, had the Rams, whipped early on but couldn't put them away.

The Rams kickers won the game as well as the hit on the Saints short quarterback, that sealed the game for the Rams.

BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 02:09 PM

That kicked field goal could of gone 70 yards, he just crushed it.

T. Brady of NFL gets treated better by the ref's than J. Harden of the NBA does

Es Todo Bueno
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 02:20 PM

I was watching these games with several people who are 65+ years old, who have been NFL football fans for 50+ years. But as the game has changed with the rules and replay, many of us were commenting that we really don't watch many NFL games anymore. Myself, this was the third or fourth consecutive year that I watched no NFL regular season games. I've missed a few playoff games and even one or two Super Bowls when neither team really excited me.

One of the biggest let-downs in BOTH of these games is how the need for video reviews of so many calls has taken a lot of the excitement out of the game. It just deflates the stadium noise level and the excitement as a TV viewer. Think back to the ends of some of the famous last minute wins of the Packers (the Ice Bowl) or the 49ers (The Catch) or even the Patriots. It was often continuous action, especially if a team was out of time outs or had to conserve them. There was little let-up in the excitement level.

Now, it's much different.
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 02:37 PM

Two Saints fans have filed a lawsuit seeking an order requiring a rematch with the Rams. Sheesh.

https://ktla.com/2019/01/22/2-saints-fans-files-lawsuit-over...

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 12:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
I was watching these games with several people who are 65+ years old, who have been NFL football fans for 50+ years. But as the game has changed with the rules and replay, many of us were commenting that we really don't watch many NFL games anymore. Myself, this was the third or fourth consecutive year that I watched no NFL regular season games. I've missed a few playoff games and even one or two Super Bowls when neither team really excited me.

One of the biggest let-downs in BOTH of these games is how the need for video reviews of so many calls has taken a lot of the excitement out of the game. It just deflates the stadium noise level and the excitement as a TV viewer. Think back to the ends of some of the famous last minute wins of the Packers (the Ice Bowl) or the 49ers (The Catch) or even the Patriots. It was often continuous action, especially if a team was out of time outs or had to conserve them. There was little let-up in the excitement level.

Agreed!! IMO Technology has ruined it:(

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 12:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by blackwolfmt  

Agreed!! IMO Technology has ruined it:(

I second that.

Making America Great Again
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 12:45 PM

maybe.......but im not opposed to using more of that information thats in that football chip or using lasers, obviously these ref's need all the help they can get.

now....what can we do to keep Anderson off the practice track! :lol:

[Edited on 1-23-2019 by willardguy]
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 01:09 PM

I don't know why old people long for the good ole days," when the good old days, were never actually that good?

Lets see back in the day, the defensive linemen, like Deacon Jones, could give head slaps, and T off on the quarterbacks, even after long gone after the QB threw the football. The defensive backs , used to do the bump and run, which was really the bump and throw down, like Jack Tatum, the assassin.

The game used to be really dangerous, and it's still really dangerous, but at least they are trying to make the game a little less dangerous, and more exciting then those old 13 to 7 games, boring games the NFL used to be famous for back in the day.

Now the games favor the offensive, and the winner of this years super bowl, will probably score 35 points +, and it will be exciting!

Who cares if the NFL refs have to stop the game and review a play, in order to get it right. Lets get it right, so we don't hear crybabies like the Saints.

If Hook, and his over 65 year old friends, don't want to watch the Super bowl, because it's not going to be like the good ole days. I'm sure there will be a reruns of Bonanza, somewhere on TV.

The only legitimate reason to boycott the Superbowl, in my opinion, is to support Colin Kaepernick, who has been blackballed, over the stupid national anthem.

[Edited on 1-23-2019 by JoeJustJoe]

blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 01:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
maybe.......but im not opposed to using more of that information thats in that football chip or using lasers, obviously these ref's need all the help they can get.

now....what can we do to keep Anderson off the practice track! :lol:

[Edited on 1-23-2019 by willardguy]

I am.. tech makes life go by to fast And that's crazy broke his arm out until at least April:no: thanks for the update

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 01:46 PM

I miss the good old days when it was all Obama's fault.

John
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 01:55 PM

I do like the cable camera that zooms around above the field of play.:cool:

Don't like TV, turn on AM radio, drink a brew or.... and live the game in your minds eye, enjoy the nap and catch the end of game

Es Todo Bueno
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 06:10 PM

Cable cam is cool until it breaks....
Couple years ago at a NASCAR race they had one of those trick cameras running around on a cable over turn one
Cable snaps... wraps around the lead car (happened to be Kyle Busch) and his day was ended.
The TV money is great, the incursion into the sport....not so great.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2019 at 07:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  
GO RAMS! :cool::saint:

Matt
For a nice guy you sure have bad taste in teams:bounce::bounce::bounce:
Last time you and I went round and round it was over the despicable Dodgers....

Born and bred LA boy. Father took me to my first game at Coliseum in the late 60's and the Fabulous Forum around the same time.
Rams (1983-1994 2016-present) and Lakers (1980 -1993 2016-present) season ticket holder. No broken ankles here from jumping on and off the bandwagon. I don't live and die by the result but always all in rooting for MY teams. :saint:
Should be a high scoring game on 2/3.

As far as the one bad call at the end of the saints game, what about the uncalled facemask on Goff that would have given Rams first down inside the 5 instead of kicking a field goal? Or the uncalled facemask on Cooks earlier? How about the uncalled delay of game on Brees in 3rd quarter that lead to a touchdown? I also have to laugh about NO fans crying about the "lack of integrity of the NFL office". This from the organization who brought us 'bountygate'. :lol: Who dat?

Rams 35 Cheaters 30

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2019 at 02:29 PM

From your lips to God's ears, Matteo. Go Rams.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.