Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: OODA is the word
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2019 at 10:39 AM
OODA is the word

Baja is a cartel war zone. Makes sense the other border regions are clearly controlled, that is where the $$$ is.
//mexiconewsdaily.com/opinion/tracking-mexicos-cartels-in-2019/

Advice on how to keep yourself alive when entering certain situations in Baja.
If bad guys sense this awareness from you, they will think twice, if they don't, they will act.
//worldview.stratfor.com/article/bridge-between-awareness-and-action

Es Todo Bueno
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2019 at 09:18 PM

Been teaching OODA for years to law enforcement, hoping to increase the odds......
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2019 at 11:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  
Baja is a cartel war zone. Makes sense the other border regions are clearly controlled, that is where the $$$ is.

Baja is not a cartel war zone.

Turf wars in TJ not representative of the rest of the peninsula. Random violence in BCS most likely drug related.

Don't believe everything you read.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2019 at 11:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Turf wars in TJ not representative of the rest of the peninsula. Random violence in BCS most likely drug related.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you just contradict yourself? "Baja is not a Cartel war zone" "Random violence in BCS most likely drug related". SMH.

Making America Great Again
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 01:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bubba  
Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you just contradict yourself? "Baja is not a Cartel war zone" "Random violence in BCS most likely drug related". SMH.

No contradiction. You're wrong. Random violence is not a war zone outside of TJ. My opinion.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

F*ck it.
bent-rim
Nomad

Mood: Living la vida mota

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 10:08 AM

What mean "OODA"?
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 10:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bent-rim  
What mean "OODA"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OODA_loop
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 10:40 AM
How about CATAP ?

Carry A Throw-Away Pistol ?
Enrique2012
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 10:55 AM

Lee's assessment of the situation is mind blowing. Lee always delivers that brand of online advise that you've come to expect from chat groups.

Trust Lee and follow him... off the edge of the cliff and to your death.

Hey, at least he provides a good chuckle.
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 10:56 AM

No kidding! :o

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 11:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Enrique2012  
Lee's assessment of the situation is mind blowing. Lee always delivers that brand of online advise that you've come to expect from chat groups.

Trust Lee and follow him... off the edge of the cliff and to your death.

Hey, at least he provides a good chuckle.

All that from 67 posts? You must have lurked a long time.

Look, define ''war zone?'' Clearly your definition, and Ted's, is different from mine. Guessing you guys are tourists. Include DK in that.

My assessment of violence, random and targeted, is mine. War zone is Acapulco. Mainland. 43 students disappear in Guerrero assumed murdered. 50 mothers searching clandestine graves in Veracruz. MX says 28,000 people missing. Look it up. Don't know the number in Baja. Who cares?

Only zone I see is TJ. Don't know Ensenada. BCS: GN, SI, SR, Loreto, CC. No war zone. La Paz/Cabo has violence. Not a big deal. Violence in El Pescsadero/Todos is not cartel.

Media, including MX media, sells bad news. Good news not so much.

OODA is advance training. Survival skills. A good thing.

Hope this is a good chuckle. Carry on.

F*ck it.
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 11:39 AM

"Guessing you guys are tourists. Include DK in that."

Yes, I am a tourist (FMM card holder) who just happens to have been going to Baja since 1965, driving himself since age 16 in 1974, always taking notes on road conditions, distances, and making maps, authored 4 books, over 60 magazine articles. and has a deep passion for the history of the land and sharing the past and present with all who seek to find fun and adventure in this great peninsula, the first California!

What are you Lee and what is your qualifications here to be so disrespectful to anyone who doesn't think like you? How about we all just share what we love about Baja and let others enjoy or ignore that without all the negativity?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 01:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
"Guessing you guys are tourists. Include DK in that."

What are you Lee and what is your qualifications here to be so disrespectful to anyone who doesn't think like you? How about we all just share what we love about Baja and let others enjoy or ignore that without all the negativity?

You are an expert in many things Baja, David, and I do respect that. Love the info, maps, history. I'm a fan. Always have been. I can separate your radical right wing garbage with the nomad you.

Your moral and political preaching is over the top. I'll most likely call you on your BS whenever you get on your soapbox. I don't respect that stuff. Take it to OT. As long as I'm a nomad in good standing, I have the creds to do that.

Otherwise, your credentials are exemplary and reflect your love of this peninsula. You aren't the final word on this forum and neither am I.

By tourist I mean someone who doesn't live here and has never lived here. Buddha man, chucky, they outrank you as they know a Baja you don't. Whatever.

Ted brought up Baja is a war zone. That's his opinion. I think he's wrong. Believe what you want. Fine with me.

Happy to share my credentials in full over drinks sometime. Which are on me.

F*ck it.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.