BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: For the first time, Ensenada is on the list of the 50 most violent cities on Earth
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-13-2019 at 06:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Who is this wack-ado who joined the forum just to post crime statistics of Baja. 6 posts and 6 crime story threads.

I wonder if this is what his life's ambition was when he was just a little tot.

Good question, and maybe this is just a coincidence, but a few of us noticed a few days ago, that Chuck, aka Fulano, disgraced banned "Baja Nomad" member, who has intense hatred against Mexico, Mexicans, and Muslims, all his negative Facebook group sites have been pulled,which I have dubbed the "collective," and even his old "hate site" on the regular forum has been closed!

Wack-ado, doesn't even begin to describe this cult leader, and his followers, but the pattern of the negative postings about Baja is unmistakable, but keep in mind, there are a handful of followers that will do the work for their cult master.

In the OT I put out a question for Greengoes, who is an administrator at the "collective" and I have asked him what happened to the "collective sites, and now who is left to warn about dangers of Mexico?

So hopefully, if we are nice, Grengoes, will tell us what happened, and maybe Greengoes will tell us what he and Wooosh, will now do for a job during the day?

Chuck Levitin’s rats fled his sinking ship, explains the new rodents that appeared here trolling with rat turds.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 3-13-2019 at 07:06 PM

The statistics are for the entire municipality, not just the city. A large number of these incidents are occurring in and around San Quintin
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 3-13-2019 at 08:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
The statistics are for the entire municipality, not just the city. A large number of these incidents are occurring in and around San Quintin

Not sure but doesn’t that include Mexicali too? Seems to me I have seen Ensenada municipality come up in San Felipe for some things ive looked at which would be Mexicali as well.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-13-2019 at 09:44 PM

Mexicali extends just south of San Felipe and then it is Ensenada all the way to Baja Sur.

The others in Baja Norte are Tecate, Rosarito, Tijuana (along with Ensenada and Mexicali)

San Quintin region tried to break away from Ensenada but I don't think that worked out, or did it?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajazly
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2019 at 10:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Timinator  
From what my buddy told me who lives there, it's the cartels cleaning up the street trash. Something the local police won't do, so they're doing it. Lot's of deaths in the last few months.

Apparently they have done a good job in Cabo and LaPaz, the cartel that is, these two cities aren’t even on the list anymore, go figure.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/of-the-5-most-violent-citie...

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2019 at 10:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Mexicali extends just south of San Felipe and then it is Ensenada all the way to Baja Sur.

The others in Baja Norte are Tecate, Rosarito, Tijuana (along with Ensenada and Mexicali)

San Quintin region tried to break away from Ensenada but I don't think that worked out, or did it?

So it seems Ensenada municipality is by far the largest.

Harald Pietschmann

Bajazly, August 2019
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-14-2019 at 07:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  

Indeed...It is area 01 on this map of the municipalities:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2019 at 08:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  

Yep, too many desolate homeless don't fit in with their long term plans. Ensenada, Rosarita and up to TJ is a major booming corridor, too much street trash keeps people with money out. They hurts business. You can read in more to it if you'd like, but that's pretty much it.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 3-14-2019 at 09:02 AM

Yep, too many desolate homeless don't fit in with their long term plans. Ensenada, Rosarita and up to TJ is a major booming corridor, too much street trash keeps people with money out. They hurts business. You can read in more to it if you'd like, but that's pretty much it.

If the homeless hurts business and keeps people out.

How to you explain the success of US cities like San Diego and LA that have lots of homeless? I never seen so much homeless near East Village in San Diego, yet new high rise buildings are being put up, and the homeless just doesn't stay in that one area because they are all over downtown.

In LA they are building and puttting up chic bars and restaurants closer and closer to where the. Homeless live, and this has been going on for years.

BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 3-19-2019 at 09:29 AM

Baja is a scary place. You should stay home.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-19-2019 at 12:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

If the homeless hurts business and keeps people out.

How to you explain the success of US cities like San Diego and LA that have lots of homeless? I never seen so much homeless near East Village in San Diego, yet new high rise buildings are being put up, and the homeless just doesn't stay in that one area because they are all over downtown.

In LA they are building and puttting up chic bars and restaurants closer and closer to where the. Homeless live, and this has been going on for years.

The LA area reached a critical mass of money long ago.
It needs nothing to keep it going anymore.
You can't hurt it.
Alot of people make obscene amounts of money here. That makes it easy to ignore the ugly parts.
But that would not be true without the money and the weather.
People will always come and want to be here.
That only increases with time.

There are a few other places in the world like it but none in Mexico.

Now that I am retired and don't need LA's money anymore... I can barely tolerate it.
And I spend all of my time in Costa Mesa/Newport Beach.
It would take over $200,000 for me to want to live and work here now.
Otherwise it's just too ugly . Literally and figuritively.

I am getting that feel north of Ensenada now about Baja.
But that is what airplanes are for and the freeway in SoCal when it works right.
Just fly on past all that grossness.

[Edited on 3-19-2019 by fishbuck]

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-19-2019 at 12:12 PM

That is a great question. The money doesn't trickle down so they wanted more control.
Not sure how that went...

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

verichip
Banned

[*] posted on 3-19-2019 at 12:20 PM

With a homicide rate of just over 138 per 100,000 residents last year, Tijuana, Baja California, was the most violent city in Mexico and the world in 2018, the Citizens’ Council for Public Security and Criminal Justice said.

I am in TJ now, maybe I should go somewhere else.

just too ugly . Literally and figuritively.

But that is what airplanes are for and the freeway in SoCal when it works right.

Fly to where¿?

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-19-2019 at 12:29 PM

"Fly to where¿?"

One good spot to another. Create your own Baja.
Only the pretty parts.
Hint: Tijuana is not one of them. (Except for the "butterflies".)

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-19-2019 at 12:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by verichip  

With a homicide rate of just over 138 per 100,000 residents last year, Tijuana, Baja California, was the most violent city in Mexico and the world in 2018, the Citizens’ Council for Public Security and Criminal Justice said.

I am in TJ now, maybe I should go somewhere else.

just too ugly . Literally and figuritively.

Fly to where¿?

The ‘report’ comes from Citizens’ Council for Public Security and Criminal Justice.
This is a mex org that appears to be devoted to a cause, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the report is a bit biased in putting conclusions before data....
Go look at their website, tell me if they look impartial.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 3-19-2019 at 01:45 PM

OXNARD is nice...
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 3-19-2019 at 01:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
OXNARD is nice...

more than just a pretty name.....
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-19-2019 at 02:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
OXNARD is nice...

Caught my 1st ever and only California salmon (3) from Oxnard. 2 wild and a hatchery fish. Fish and Game inspected our catch when we got off the boat. 2 is the limit. Gave my 3rd fish to a kid and his dad that didn't catch one. They are a little tricky...
Worth flying to if there is a hotbite for either salmon and posibably white seabass.
Maybe albacore if the have gone north.
Probably not worth it for yellowtail or halibut. Unless a crazy bite for monster halibut. Happens sometimes.
And you would have to pay me to bottom fish... alot.
Probably not much butterfly action there...

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.