Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Otay border crosssing 3/17/2019
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-18-2019 at 10:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
I think the turnaround at Enesenada is about an hour. But that gives a chance to fuel the plane.
Another idea I have is to leave the plane parked at TJ Int., take a cab right to the border walk in door and walk across at Otay.
That always appears to be very quick.
And the airplane doesn't need any more paperwork and I can fly straight home or wherever I want.
Has anyone ever tried walking across at Otay.
If this works I will pick up my guest at the border in this manner.
They can walk across and take a cab to the private aircraft terminal at TJ.
I'll be there waiting with a fully fueled plane. We fly to the hotbite where ever that is a the moment. Or a pumping surf break.
Or to the my fishcamp for R&R.
The sky is the limit as they say...

[Edited on 3-18-2019 by fishbuck]

I think we are more likely to see pigs fly before we see you fly. Just sayin’...

Thank you for your interest and positive motivation.
I feel better now;)

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2019 at 07:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  
Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  
So, why did you not go to Tecate?

We considered driving out to Tecate to cross the border but the CPB site said 110 minutes at Otay.

Holy crap. We have been crossing for day trips (10-12 x in last 60 days). We use Sentri but I always look at BWT app and it either does not get updated as frequently as it should or its just plain wrong at times. The old original Border crossing app that was crowd sourced and is no longer supported seems to have offered a bit more realistic estimate IMHO.

Congrats on the race. I'm guessing it took you less time to run it then it did to get back across. Maybe they should have a cross border race out and back. :saint::dudette:

We were laughing about that as well....8 hours to do 30 miles for the race, almost 12 hours to go 3 miles at Otay...it sucked at the time but is less painful in hindsight.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-19-2019 at 11:27 AM

Thanks for sharing it. Bummer that your time got wasted.
The border is unpredictable... and unpleasant...

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

carlosg
Senior Nomad

Mood: Just like in Baja: No Bad Days...

[*] posted on 3-19-2019 at 12:42 PM

We considered driving out to Tecate to cross the border but the CPB site said 110 minutes at Otay.

The CBP App NEVER is trust worthy... I've been using

https://www.lalineaenvivo.com/

on my phone for over one year and most (if not always) its correct: it shows live cams and also the option of wait time at different ports of entry from Nogales to San Ysidro.

You pay under $2 but its worth it....!!!!

Try it, you'll like it....!!!!:light:

...work to camp and fish.... dream to be there....

http://aquapropoolandspaservice.com/
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2019 at 12:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by carlosg  

The CBP App NEVER is trust worthy... I've been using

https://www.lalineaenvivo.com/

on my phone for over one year and most (if not always) its correct: it shows live cams and also the option of wait time at different ports of entry from Nogales to San Ysidro.

You pay under $2 but its worth it....!!!!

Try it, you'll like it....!!!!:light:

Thanks!

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.