BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: and it was Off to the Dentist again!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2019 at 11:59 AM
and it was Off to the Dentist again!

WideAngleWandering and his wife were here visiting a couple weeks ago and left me a gift with no strings attached...cash to use for the kids. After spending it a million time over in my head, it came in so handy this past Saturday.

When I went to see the scholarship group on Friday, Lizeth told me that her tooth with filled cavity from the Mulege dental clinic was hurting more than before she got the filling. I immediately told 2 other kids that we would be going to the dentist on Saturday.

Which we did! Lizeth got tooth redone, another student got two more fillings done and all 3 got check ups so that I now know the future plan.

After the dentist, I took them all to lunch.

Thanks WAWandering for being so generous, thanks Dra. Alma for taking the kids in at the last minute, thanks Les for driving!

Here is Lizeth. Turns out she is a patient who faints at the word dentist according to her Mom, so I explained that a good dentist makes you feel no pain, how important to take care of teeth due to the consequences of NOT doing so and mainly, BREATHE BREATHE BREATHE. I did not fancy her fainting on us!

She didn't. Thank you God.

KIDS IN THE WAITING ROOM...KIDS WILL BE KIDS

kids-on-cellphone.jpg - 130kB

LIZETH IN DENTIST'S CHAIR

liz-in-dentist-chair.jpg - 149kB

JULIAN IN THE DENTIST'S CHAIR

He said his filled tooth had also been bothering him, but Dra. Alma thought it was just sensitivity.

julian-in-dentist-chair.jpg - 144kB

ROGELIO IN THE DENTIST'S CHAIR

It turns out Rogelio has a very terrible problem with his front tooth. Instead of 2 front teeth, they are melded into one huge front tooth. Not only, that, he has a tooth which cannot be seen or felt inside his gum in front. The inside tooth has to come out, then his front teeth have to be separated so he looks better (he never used to smile at the camera) and his teeth are so messed up that he is going to require braces. This is a Blanca challenge and I already have some ideas - we shall be sending him to TJ, along with Lizeth who still has 5 cavities to fill.

rogelio-in-dental-chair.jpg - 150kB

GROUP PHOTO WITH DRA. ALMA

group-with-dra--alma.jpg - 122kB

LIZETH AT LUNCH. We went to Martithas. Lizeth said she wanted a hamburger. A hamburger I said (their hamburgers are tiny), why not order something you never get a chance to eat? We never eat hamburgers, she answered. One of these days this week I am going to buy some ground meat and drop it off to the family. She ended up ordering enchiladas suizas. Her left cheek is swollen in the photo but she ate it all!

lizeth-lunch.jpg - 156kB

JULIAN AT LUNCH

Julian's dad is a policeman in Vizcaino and came to pick Julian up to buy him some sneakers right before we had lunch. He was so happy!

julian-angulo-lunch.jpg - 170kB

ROGELIO AT LUNCH

rogelio-lunch.jpg - 152kB

When I asked Lizeth on a scale from 1 (terrible) to 10 (excellent), how she felt about her experience at the dentist, believe it or not she said it was a 10! I feel great about that.
The toothaches are gone but there are more cavities to be filled and I really would like some x-rays to know how their wisdom teeth are doing. Better to handle them now then when they are in college.

It was all good!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-25-2019 at 12:01 PM

I like those smiles.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-25-2019 at 12:02 PM

Baja smiles?
Blingy Bocas?
Blanca blingsters?

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-25-2019 at 12:05 PM

I love the smart phone action at the beggining.
Staying connect to their world, managing their lives properly...
or texting...:cool:

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-25-2019 at 12:16 PM

La Bocana... orthodonta...?

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-25-2019 at 12:26 PM

Guerrero... grills?

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2019 at 05:03 PM

Blingy bocas hahahaha

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2019 at 06:15 PM

Keep us posted when it's time for a return trip...
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-25-2019 at 08:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Blingy bocas hahahaha

A least one got a... smile.:biggrin:

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2019 at 08:07 AM

:biggrin:

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.