Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Bahia Asuncion Update
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-24-2019 at 10:32 PM

Cristobal and Packoderm are a couple more Nomads I miss seeing here, too.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 8-25-2019 at 08:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Archie  
Quote: Originally posted by norte  
Just about every town that has tried this has had to rebuild,,,,and rebuild,,,,and rebuild

In Mexico, and i guess in every other part of the world, the real business in building with public money it's the maintenance.

I know a guy whose company was in charge of maintenance of the Rosarito-Ensenada highway and retired as a very wealthy person. Meanwhile the road its still falling apart.

WORD

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-25-2019 at 08:58 AM

well, I am just glad that this wall has improved the village...whoever paid for it! The high storm surge just kissed it so the test will come later I'm sure.

Great to see some oldies posting!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 8-25-2019 at 03:37 PM

It looks like we are going to be pulling off one last trip to Baja. I'm checking into my old memberships to see what is current. I have huge mixed feelings about the 18 months I lived in Bahia Asuncion. I was "living my dream" while trying to survive what I described as a "hole in my heart with a bitter wind blowing through it." With my depression and the distance from my Medicos. I put myself on the cusp of Stage V kidney failure. Like many broken old men who run away to Baja, I came limping home with a rescue dog to pick up the pieces. I'm in high Stage IV, stable. We fixed our marriage and have our 27th. coming up. We've downsized to a b-tchin' little Toyota micro mini Winnegabo and I'm looking forward to seeing beloved country and old friends. :cool:

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2019 at 03:39 PM

good for you Perry...hopefully you will stop in for a visit!

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 8-25-2019 at 04:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by vgabndo  
It looks like we are going to be pulling off one last trip to Baja. I'm checking into my old memberships to see what is current. I have huge mixed feelings about the 18 months I lived in Bahia Asuncion. I was "living my dream" while trying to survive what I described as a "hole in my heart with a bitter wind blowing through it." With my depression and the distance from my Medicos. I put myself on the cusp of Stage V kidney failure. Like many broken old men who run away to Baja, I came limping home with a rescue dog to pick up the pieces. I'm in high Stage IV, stable. We fixed our marriage and have our 27th. coming up. We've downsized to a b-tchin' little Toyota micro mini Winnegabo and I'm looking forward to seeing beloved country and old friends. :cool:

When are you thinking of leaving? October? November? September is always risky with the threat of chubascos or worse.........but you know that!
Blair
Junior Nomad

Mood: Getting ready to go again

[*] posted on 8-25-2019 at 08:15 PM

Thanks for the update Shari. Progress One will be heading south late October and will definitely plan a fuel stop and a couple of days in Asuncion. Much better experience than Tortugas!

Blair in El Cajon
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2019 at 03:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
How deep does the wall go? Is it like 2/3 below the sand and 1/3 above?

Not even close. Probably 1/4 below and 3/4 above. We don't get big storms very often so it may last a while. Even if the wall goes down the cement riff raff will help reduce the erosion.
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2019 at 02:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  

When are you thinking of leaving? October? November? September is always risky with the threat of chubascos or worse.........but you know that!

actually last year we had no storms in September and 2 big ones in October...seems like everything was a month late in 2018-19...the water has warmed up later this year too...so seems like now we have to extend our worry season into October...sheesh.

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 8-26-2019 at 03:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
good for you Perry...hopefully you will stop in for a visit!

We will certainly be stopping in BA for a bit. Plans are fluid as we have to choose a house sitter for the gatos. Looking at December. If the weather cooperates, I'd like to boondock at San Roque...fish...chill. Looking forward to seeing you.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.