BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Aeromexico still flying 737 max?
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 7-13-2019 at 07:54 AM

Shame on Boeing. Shame on Bill. This is not a normal minor design deficiency. People died by a calculated decision by management to save the bottom line. Wall Street rules. There was no better training for one reason. A new "type" aircraft was created sidestepping the inconvenience of certifying it so. The Boeing flag has mud on it, deservedly so.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-13-2019 at 08:55 AM
Shame ?

Bull.
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2019 at 10:17 AM

Retired Boeing IT guy here.
Being a legacy SoCal Rockwell IT guy, we found out quick that Boeing Commercial Aircraft Systems (BCAS) Seattle were always resistant to adopting anything SoCal based; Hughes, McDonnell Douglas or Rockwell did better within Boeing Defense Systems. When we suggested they adopt some of the award winning IT quality and testing practices used with the Hellfire missile, they basically told us were the tail that wags the dog, go away.
So, here we are today with MCAS and all its unknown fault trees.

Es Todo Bueno
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2019 at 10:51 AM

Corporate consolidation in both the commercial sector as well as the aerospace sector has resulted in exposing the myth of “bigger is better” philosophy. It is better for corporate bottom line in the short run, by huge reductions of people and duplication of jobs. In the long run we are increasingly seeing the reduction of quality and services. The government loves it as they don’t have the hassle of fighting with as many competitors in the bidding process, particularly in the defense sector. Good example shown in the Iraq war debacle with the no bid contracts in the billions of dollars to Halliburton, and Brown and Root among many others. Most pilots who flew the Douglas aircraft thought they were the best and noted the reduction in quality in the newer aircraft that were the products of both US and European consolidation. Of course, the advances in GPS and other computer and space based technology has been game changing in every sector, making many things from driving your automobile to flying more efficiently but of course ultimately not without some price to be paid.
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 7-13-2019 at 12:25 PM

My corporate dealings with Brown and Root, Halliburton, RMK-BRJ etc. only goes back to the war in Vietnam. I assume it goes back and back and back even farther. Open checkbook days. We couldn't bank it fast enough. In retrospect grossly sad - but - the really sad thing is that it still goes on. One of the smartest comments I ever heard from George W. was his warning about using our troops for nation-building. Boeing, here, is using passengers as corporate profit fodder.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
BajaBill74
Nomad

Mood: Beyond Extatic!

[*] posted on 7-15-2019 at 03:20 PM

I haven't seen an answer to the original question "Aeromexico still flying 737 max?"

What I'm doing at work is so secret, even I don't know what I'm doing!

One should believe in God, because even Google doesn't know everything.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 7-15-2019 at 06:02 PM

I haven't seen any changes since Aeromexico, suspended the 737 MAX.

Mexico's Aeromexico suspends Boeing 737 MAX planes

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ethiopia-airplane-aeromex...

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.