Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: February 2020
Mother of Dragons
Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 10-1-2019 at 07:32 PM
February 2020

I will be driving down to Bahia Asuncion in late Jan-very early Feb in the new year.

Putting it out here now just in case anyone else is planning.

I will return around March 7 ish but a little flexible.

I can drive someone in my car or convoy with someone. I’m flexible on a lot of dates and flexible with stops.

DM me here, thank you 😊
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2019 at 03:41 AM

You are going to love BA and be sure to take a day trip to visit us in La Bocana! 1.5 hours south of Asuncion.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Mother of Dragons
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2019 at 04:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
You are going to love BA and be sure to take a day trip to visit us in La Bocana! 1.5 hours south of Asuncion.

Absolutely! I still have stuff for you.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 10-4-2019 at 09:10 AM
1.5 hours to Bocana?

On a bicycle??

Those hard packed flats along the beach make this one of the fastest drives in Baja.

We could stop and catch two fish and still make it in an hour....:bounce::bounce:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-4-2019 at 09:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
On a bicycle??

Those hard packed flats along the beach make this one of the fastest drives in Baja.

We could stop and catch two fish and still make it in an hour....:bounce::bounce:

says a former Baja 1000 racer!

Bahía Asunción to La Bocana is 50 miles of graded dirt road (begins 3 miles east of town off the paved road from Vizcaino. I think 1.5 hours is fairly fast to drives a dirt road that far.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 10-4-2019 at 09:34 AM
It depends!

I have only driven that road twice. The first time, (2014) there was more bone jarring washboard than I ever want to drive again. In March of 2018 it was freshly graded, and was a very enjoyable dirt road!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 10-4-2019 at 09:56 AM

Air down and smell the cactus....:light:

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
On a bicycle??

Don't believe everything you think....
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 10-4-2019 at 11:43 AM

Mother of Dragons,I hope you will stop by a see Shari in SI and play with the whales. It is a great time.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 10-4-2019 at 04:41 PM

Drove it last year
Who drives on the road?
The awesome hard baked mud flats are a lot smoother than I-5 in California
(Unless, of course, the dreaded warming sea has actually risen and now is covering them.....was not so last spring)
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2019 at 04:59 PM

It takes most people one and a half hours and the bone jarring washboard is usually the last bit as you get close to La Bocana.

One of these days we shall have a paved road from here to Bahia Asuncion and all of us will be able to tell stories "remember when!"

The whales would be GNegro and Mother of Dragons will surely go. Thanks so much for bringing me stuff down for my teen bambinos.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-4-2019 at 05:22 PM

The salt flats are 8 of the 10 miles between La Bocana and Punta Abreojos and there is a paved road now between the two, so the sea can finally rise and cover the flats daily if it wants!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 10-4-2019 at 05:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mother of Dragons  
I will be driving down to Bahia Asuncion in late Jan-very early Feb in the new year.

I’m flexible on a lot of dates and flexible with stops.

For route planning purposes, it would be helpful for anyone considering traveling with you to know what type of vehicle you are driving, and if the flexibility includes possible camping.

Main roads only, or do you like to explore?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Mother of Dragons
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2019 at 06:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MMc  
Mother of Dragons,I hope you will stop by a see Shari in SI and play with the whales. It is a great time.

That’s my plan.
Mother of Dragons
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2019 at 06:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Quote: Originally posted by Mother of Dragons  

I’m flexible on a lot of dates and flexible with stops.

For route planning purposes, it would be helpful for anyone considering traveling with you to know what type of vehicle you are driving, and if the flexibility includes possible camping.

Main roads only, or do you like to explore?

Good idea.

So I drIve a Yukon.

This would be a straight driving trip, not a sightseeing one unless I have the days to do so and I may.

Stop one night, two if someone wants to, and camping or a hotel works for me. Either/or.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.