Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Selling our cabin in Camp Gecko
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2020 at 01:32 PM

Sorry that's what I was meaning, is the printed guide ready. Maybe some pre-paid orders could get things going again? I would love a copy or two! In the mean time I will enjoy the links... Thanks
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-22-2020 at 03:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  
Sorry that's what I was meaning, is the printed guide ready. Maybe some pre-paid orders could get things going again? I would love a copy or two! In the mean time I will enjoy the links... Thanks

My pleasure... and given that all my work is not being enjoyed... maybe it is time to share some more parts of the pre-publication edition?

There are 6 sections (3 for Norte and 3 for Sur).

Even if I share my work here, the published (printed) guide will look different and much more professional... It will be worth owning!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

KylesBahiadrean

[*] posted on 7-23-2020 at 03:17 PM

Here a current link to the cabin with
Photos https://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/reo/d/san-diego-cabin-fo... .. my friends used to own the spot behind this property... apparently DOC that leases the land leased in front of this property and a guy built a big garage and block the view and the breeze... and I also found out Camp Gecko is only doing one year leases currently..

[Edited on 7-24-2020 by KylesBahiadrean]
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 7-23-2020 at 04:57 PM
A one year lease?

If true, that is going to be a deal killer!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2020 at 05:27 PM

Best to talk to Doc for the scoop!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2020 at 07:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade.

Landlord is a Mexican and a lessee is at a severe disadvantage in a land lease. Rent can be raised every year, and there is no recourse if given an eviction. Game over when that happens, go home.

Get a fido and protect yourself, relatively.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 7-24-2020 at 09:01 AM
Don't want to rain on your parade either.....

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Landlord is a Mexican and a lessee is at a severe disadvantage in a land lease. Rent can be raised every year, and there is no recourse if given an eviction. Game over when that happens, go home.

Yes, Doc Abraham is a Mexican. So is my wife.
Doc is an honorable man, and a class act.
The concern I would have would be the day that Doc is no longer there, either through a sale or something else.
Then, indeed, you could have problems.
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 7-24-2020 at 10:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Rent can be raised every year, and there is no recourse if given an eviction.

That is the kind of situation where a travel trailer has definite advantages.

With a little money into a palapa roof and utility connections, you have a low-risk vacation hangout; if the landlord gets unreasonable and you decide to leave, she doesn't get to keep all your capital investment built on her land.

I agree but i'd take one step further, buy or build on the cool side and if you want to fish BoLA just drive over there,fish,drive home.problem with cortez side is you just don't get that many good months. of course file this under JMHO;)
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2020 at 10:09 AM

Perhaps Nomads who have homes at Camp Gecko can give us some current conditions info?
Three old Nomad friends won't be going back to places they built or bought there include 'Bedman', 'Debra' (Travelpearl), and 'GeoRock' so maybe their family will sell?
We don't hear from '4baja' much here or the other 'Steve' who has a place there...
Some Doc Abraham or Camp Gecko News, please!
Thanks!!!

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2020 at 10:55 AM

[img] [/img][img] [/img]
[img]http://[/img]
Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  

Yes, Doc Abraham is a Mexican. So is my wife.
Doc is an honorable man, and a class act.
The concern I would have would be the day that Doc is no longer there, either through a sale or something else.
Then, indeed, you could have problems.

I second that. Doc is someone who's word I would trust while recognizing that stuff happens. We spent quite a bit of time there back when it was a camp including a very memorable day fishing with Doc on his boat in the bay. My wife caught and released a Golden Grouper that day.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.