BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Where to stay the night in San Quintin?
guerosurfero

[*] posted on 3-23-2005 at 09:02 AM
Where to stay the night in San Quintin?

Hi,

Does anyone have recommendations for a quiet place to stay the night in San Quintin? We're on a mission and just need a bed for about 6hrs. We're arriving at ~12am, so the reception would have to be open late. Also, we're on a tight budget, so the La Pinta would be out :)

Thanks,
guero
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-23-2005 at 09:10 AM

If you can hang on another 30 min. driving... get to El Rosario, right next to/just past the Pemex Station is the Baja Cactus Motel... 24 hour desk, great rooms (the new ones, ask for). Reservations: www.bajacactus.com for phone or motel@bajacactus.com email. About $30.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

guerosurfero

[*] posted on 3-23-2005 at 09:19 AM

David,

How is the noise from the gas station traffic/hwy? Is it nothing a Tecate can't make disappear?

guero
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2005 at 09:22 AM

I am a light sleeper, and the two new rooms above the office did get noise from trucks using a jake brake... However, the next time, Antonio put me in the back, downstairs new room... and I heard nothing!:light:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 3-23-2005 at 09:32 AM
The Motel San Carlos, at the old pier...

Is very quiet. Rooms as cheap as $20.00
All night security, but I'm sure the desk closes. If they had a room, the guard might put you in until you could pay in the morning. Carlos has a cell phone, but I have no idea of the number. The other places out on the bay may be equally quiet, I don't know their prices.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
guerosurfero

[*] posted on 3-23-2005 at 09:34 AM

I'll have to say, it's location is really convenient. I'll have to shoot them an email and try to reserve one of those downstairs back-rooms :) Thanks for your advice, David!

guero
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2005 at 09:35 AM

The Los Cirios Motel just a block east of Mex. 1 in San Quintin was highly praised... but I have no details... maybe use Nomad Search?

Here is the thread, check it out: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=2489

[Edited on 3-23-2005 by David K]

guerosurfero

[*] posted on 3-23-2005 at 09:50 AM

Nice! I certainly have some options now. I'm not heading down until around the weekend of april 16th, but i'll definitely give an update when i return

guero
Nikon
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2005 at 11:38 AM

Just ask Vagabundo; the quietest hotels in the world can still have "Sexual Athletes" and drunken crazies. Every travel kit should contain earplugs.
Cyndarouh
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2005 at 12:55 PM

Before San Q. in Col. Vicente Guerrero is Motel Sanchez 01(616)166-2963 24 hrs
back rms in corner are real quite. Our friend built this little Motel like 15 yrs ago I think. Not sure on the real price since we usualy are guest. Have fun Enjoy
bahiamia
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2005 at 01:41 PM

I'll second that suggestion on Motel Sanchez...

It's very reasonably priced, $200 pesos last time I stayed there, which was just a week or two ago. You can park right in front of your room, and there is a great taco stand next door, just past the Dulceria. They serve up some really good stuff!

There are liquor stores nearby, a place to make a phone call, and I think even a Thrifty Ice Cream on the opposite side of the street just North of the traffic light.

It's a good little hotel, nothing fancy, but very adequate, and I've always felt comfortable staying there. Quiet too. No problem in that regard; it's back far enough off the road. There's a watchman there throughout the night as well.

[Edited on 3-23-2005 by bahiamia]
Cyndarouh
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2005 at 05:27 PM

Bahiamia, I will let Edwado know what you said it will please he and family. It is nice an quiet. So close to get back on the road again.
bahiamia
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2005 at 05:53 PM

Sounds Good...

It is a nice little place to stay.
MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2005 at 06:36 PM

Cheap and clean are the Motel Chavez and the new hostel, La Santa Maria.
Ted

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.